Identified My Trigger after 20 years!

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, admin, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

3 posts
fitzwfitz

by fitzwfitz on Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:03 pm

Identified My Trigger after 20 years!

I have suffered eczema since the age of 5, and while many grow out of it as they age mine has got steadily worse.

Like many others I have attempted to identify my triggers including food exclusion diets i.e. no wheat, no dairy which has not really had much affect on my eczema.

As a result I have been back and forth to the dermatologist over the last few years trying various treatments such as Azathioprine, steroids and methotroxate.

I had been told by numerous GPS and dermatologists that I need to learn to live with my eczema and theres nothing more that could be done.

By chance I read an article the other day that said tap water may be to blame for eczema - various chemicals are put into the water to make it safe for consumption. I had read comments by people who claimed they had turned to bottle water and there eczema had cleared up.

It has now been 48 hours since I read the article and since the change I would say my eczema has cleared up by around 80% and the itch has pretty much disappeared. I was amazed that something as simple as water could have such a massive effect on my eczema - especially when we are told to consume as much water as possible to help flush the toxins out - Not that the pharmaceutical industry would ever tell you this.

I dont usually post on forums like this but even If I can help one person out there I will be happy.

Marcie Mom

by Marcie Mom on Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:59 am

Re: Identified My Trigger after 20 years!

Thanks for sharing! Once again it's an instance where the research may not be all that universal (as thus far, research showed water has no link with eczema). Each person's skin is different and there may be just something in the water you were using that caused skin irritation. Happy that you've discovered it, better late than never, have a good week ahead!
Mei
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Mei - Founder of http://www.EczemaBlues.com and Mom to Marcie
Visit Mei on her talkhealth blog all about eczema http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog/author/mei_m/

Jessica12

by Jessica12 on Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:41 am

Re: Identified My Trigger after 20 years!

There's Flouride in our tap water! Too much of it is a bad thing. That couldve been the cause to your flareups.

I have recently discovered an amazing book called Medical Medium by Anthony William. It is an incredible read and will help you learn how to heal with food and herbs. It is available on amazon.

Good luck!

3 posts