I'm new here - Looking for home remedy treatments

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, admin, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

15 posts
Kristine

by Kristine on Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:34 pm

Re: I'm new here - Looking for home remedy treatments

Hey everyone, just want to give a quick update. I have been doing a diet plan called Ideal Protein for 5 weeks now (please let me know if anyone else has done this) It is amazing! I have cut out carbs, sugar and dairy from my diet and I feel fantastic, and my skin is loving it! My last occurrence with Pompholyx was on June 28, 2017, I started the plan near the end of August and I have not had a flare up since. I will eventually re-introduce small amounts of dairy into my diet and see if that effects my skin at all. I plan on eating a gluten free diet once I am off the plan, as that is what one pharmacist recommended I try. I would highly recommend this diet to everyone with inflammation issues, as it is an inflammatory diet. You also shed pounds rapidly as well! It also gives your body a "reset", that is what I was looking for when I went on it, and so far it has been a life changer!
Take Care everyone!
-Kristine

Kristine

by Kristine on Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:22 pm

Hi everyone,

Update: Well I went a whole 9 months without any flare ups after giving my body a "reset" by going on the ideal protein diet plan. I thought YES something has finally worked and I will be rid of this horrible eczema for good!! Nope, I was wrong. It's back, with a vengeance. I have a cyst on my shoulder that got infected, my doctor prescribed me some medication to take care of that, my body didn't like that one bit. Turns out I am allergic to the medication that was prescribed (not knowing that), and the dyshidrotic eczema (phompolyx) has come out on both hands. UGHHHHHH, it's so frustrating.
The medication I was taking for the cyst was so hard on my system, and now I am back on prednisone for my hands, which is equally as hard on my system. I honestly did not think taking a medication would bring this out, the doctor I saw agreed that the eczema was brought out from the medication for the cyst. I tried to hold off on taking prednisone because I absolutely despise taking it, but there really is nothing else that works, (for me anyways).
The only temporary relief I can find is putting ice packs on my hands.
I have read that this is a common form of eczema, is it really that common?? Who else reading this is suffering from this?? It's got to be the worst form of eczema :(
Take care everyone.
Kristine

Marcie Mom

by Marcie Mom on Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:15 am

Sorry to hear of the recurring problem Kristine, and hope all would be better soon, take care!
Mei
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Mei - Founder of http://www.EczemaBlues.com and Mom to Marcie
Visit Mei on her talkhealth blog all about eczema http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog/author/mei_m/

monica64

by monica64 on Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:58 pm

Birch Water has incredible results! They have been using in Europe for years
Try BIrch Tree Water Spritz. You can buy it from Modicumskincare.com or get it on Amazon

sophiejasmine

by sophiejasmine on Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:54 pm

Hi I have had pomphlox for the last seven years, although did have what was probably pompholx on feet years ago,( self treated that with steroid cream). Started when a nurse, I had a very stressful job so thought that may be the cause, or the hand gel we had to use, but now retired, and since then have had some attacks, one associated when did a lot of hand washing of curtains in cold water in the bath! I do not find GP useful, one even doubted the consultants diagnosis and I had to bring in photo of outbreaks to prove to her this was pomphlox! Currently sitting here with massive peeling of hands , skin like leather on hands and cracking, after severe attack with , blisters and bullaea on palms and dorsum of hands and on wrists, went to urgent care clinic to get antib's as skin infected. I have been allergy tested nothing came up as a positive allergen. I can go months /year without any attacks then bang, overnight my skin starts to burn and the vesicles appear. I used to have atopic ezcema and I get cold uticaria and golfers eczema ( allergy to sweat when wearing socks and get hot!) also allergic to escargot! however do not have sweaty hands and attacks can happen any time of the year. Fed up with this especially as travel insurance does not cover this and never know if will need anti b's when on holiday. Have read so many articles on diets , but as a nurse know that these alkali/acid diets have no proven scientific rational as the body will just buffer and self regulate the blood Ph to a homoestatic range

15 posts