Allergist/Immunologist or Dermatologist?

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, admin, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

2 posts
Lottie86

by Lottie86 on Tue May 09, 2017 8:55 am

Allergist/Immunologist or Dermatologist?

Hi everyone,

This is my first post and I am just wanting some advice. I am 30 and have suffered with eczema my whole life, I had periods when it cleared (12-20) and then it returned with vengeance for the last ten years, particularly in last 4 I have had awful flare ups. Mostly on my face, lip and eyes!

Like all eczema sufferers you go through cycles of feeling you can manage it and it could be worse, to the point of crisis feeling like there is no hope.

I have seen a dermatologist when I was younger but not since an adult. Alongside the eczema there appears to be some allergies and triggers....many in fact but I have no idea where to start. And then sometimes there appears to be no triggers at all and it comes from nowhere.

What is everyone's experience of seeing a dermatologist vs a immunologist? or both?

I am booked into see an immunologist Thursday and I am wanting advice of where to start and how to get the best outcome?

Thanks

Charlotte

Marcie Mom

by Marcie Mom on Thu May 11, 2017 4:16 am

Re: Allergist/Immunologist or Dermatologist?

My daughter actually sees an immunologist - I think it's a good start - the immunologist works closely with dermatologist and allergist, and is the head of their team, so I think that's fine. All the best to your consultation!
Mei
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Mei - Founder of http://www.EczemaBlues.com and Mom to Marcie
Visit Mei on her talkhealth blog all about eczema http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog/author/mei_m/

2 posts