Your best eczema remedies? What causes your flare ups?

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, admin, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

3 posts
meganames

by meganames on Wed May 17, 2017 8:03 pm

Your best eczema remedies? What causes your flare ups?

Hi! New here. I'm 22 and only had eczema since I was 15, wore fake tan daily for about 2 years then suddenly I had severe eczema and haven't been able to wear fake tan again!! (I'm as white as a ghost). I'm still trying to figure out what causes my eczema flares ups and what actually helps them! Nothing seems apparent except hot baths and hot weather definitley doesn't help! I'm dying to get my skin back healthy, dermatologists have been useless and giving me aqueous cream at every given chance! Anyone?

Marcie Mom

by Marcie Mom on Thu May 18, 2017 4:11 am

Re: Your best eczema remedies? What causes your flare ups?

Sorry to hear of the eczema - were you only prescribed aqueous cream? How about doing a patch test to see what causes the eczema? I'm not sure about the ingredients in a fake tan but chemicals used overtime on the skin can cause the skin to be sensitized, i.e. become sensitive to the ingredients and start to see rashes. Hot water is definitely no good.. feels good but dries the skin. Hope you get some answers soon!
Mei
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Mei - Founder of http://www.EczemaBlues.com and Mom to Marcie
Visit Mei on her talkhealth blog all about eczema http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog/author/mei_m/

jamielee

by jamielee on Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:43 am

Re: Your best eczema remedies? What causes your flare ups?

Everyone has different triggers. Peanuts kill my skin, and no, it is not an allergy with hives or some other rapid and acute histamine response. Very bad mold/mites/dusty homes are also common triggers.

3 posts