How can I soothe the swelling? Picture included

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, admin, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

6 posts
justdanni

by justdanni on Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:04 pm

How can I soothe the swelling? Picture included

I have had eczema ever since I can remember, the flare ups come and go but right now I'm having one that's quite persistent. I have atopic eczema patches across my whole body; arms, legs, torso, upper back, behind the knees and elbows etc. I can kind of deal with it in those places, but the hardest thing for me to deal with is the eczema on my face. It's so dry and sore on my face, and I find it SO hard not to rub/scratch it and peel the dry skin off because I know that leaves it in a weeping mess. Today I started wearing cotton gloves to try and control the damage, hopefully I don't pull them off in my sleep.

I also have eczema on my neck - which is the worst part on my entire body at this moment. I have been trying my hardest not to pick it and rub it, I've had luke warm oilatum baths to try and soothe the swelling but there must be something else I can do.
Since last night after an episode of intensive itching :| :oops: the underneath of my chin has become so swollen that I feel like a frog. :(

Here is a picture -
for the forum.jpg
for the forum.jpg (20.05 KiB) Viewed 4807 times
I am 21 years old, female and trying so hard not to let this damage my self confidence. I'm waiting for my referral to a see a dermatologist but what can I do in the meantime? It's so just so uncomfortable I need to try something else that helps reduce this swelling! n :!:

Marcie Mom

by Marcie Mom on Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:38 am

Re: How can I soothe the swelling? Picture included

Sorry to hear of the eczema. Will dry wrap or wet wrap work? May be more comfortable than cotton, and trap more moisturizer and keep the skin moisturized for longer time at night. Can check out tubifast for its range of glove/bandage, take care!
Mei
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Mei - Founder of http://www.EczemaBlues.com and Mom to Marcie
Visit Mei on her talkhealth blog all about eczema http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog/author/mei_m/

nickymol

by nickymol on Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:59 am

hi, i've recently started to get it on my neck but had it on my body/arms/legs since i was 13. I've tried every cream imaginable along with doing what your saying with the gloves. im a male, and i'll tell you i've cried many nights over this awful condition but tonight i cried with a smile on my face. Try this, Aveeno / Aveeno cream. remove all that oily / waxy stuff the doc's palm off on us like Aquarius cream and put some of this on. its the first time in years my skin feels like it should. before i put it on today the back of my hands and neck where inflamed red raw cracked and weeping.... this stuff soothed it and my skin actually feels supple like it doesn't need moisture holding in,, it just absorbs instantly and stays there. anyway hope this helps

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:41 pm

Hi nickymol,

Thank you for sharing your story with us.

talkhealth

nickymol wrote:hi, i've recently started to get it on my neck but had it on my body/arms/legs since i was 13. I've tried every cream imaginable along with doing what your saying with the gloves. im a male, and i'll tell you i've cried many nights over this awful condition but tonight i cried with a smile on my face. Try this, Aveeno / Aveeno cream. remove all that oily / waxy stuff the doc's palm off on us like Aquarius cream and put some of this on. its the first time in years my skin feels like it should. before i put it on today the back of my hands and neck where inflamed red raw cracked and weeping.... this stuff soothed it and my skin actually feels supple like it doesn't need moisture holding in,, it just absorbs instantly and stays there. anyway hope this helps
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

desreecrooks

by desreecrooks on Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:08 pm

I am so sorry to hear about your condition. My daughter had eczema. And I got rid of it she is now in her 20's and it has never come back. I was asked by friends what I did and they try some of my suggestions and it worked for them too. My first question to you is what is your diet like? If you are eating dairy, and meat and eating meat more than 2 to 3 times per week, you should think about cutting back. You are probably consuming a lot of acid food. So your body is begging you to STOP, You have to change up your diet. You can try using oil-free moisturizers, a really good one is Neutrogena / SPF 30 FPS. This is the one I personally use and I love it. You can also try a natural organic zinc cream (Babo Botanical), this is used on baby's, therefore, it will be great for sensitive skin like yours. When taking a shower or washing your face do not use hot water, it will dry out your skin. You can even try acupuncture, this is amazing. Make sure if you go this way, you do your homework to find someone who knows what they are doing, you may not see the result right away but this will surely help. Drink lot of water your body could be dehydrated which means your skin will be too. Good luck..

a.freeman

by a.freeman on Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:34 pm

I'm so sorry you are dealing with that :( My little brother went through the same thing! I was researching and trying to help him and ended up investing in an alkaline water system. There are multiple products including supplements, a shower filter, and a drinking water filter. He drinks it and showers in it and it has immensely helped!

Basically it is called Kangen water and is by a company called Enagic. Most water we drink/ bathe in is too acidic and when your body is in an acidic state then it can harbor disease and inflammation. Using the water filters makes it so you are drinking alkaline water that is 9.5 ph which helps put your body back in an alkaline state. There are tons of reviews on youtube as well to check out but let me know if you have any questions about it.

It is indeed not cheap, but the overall investment for well being and health is totally worth it to us at least.

6 posts