Dancer with Eczema.

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, admin, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

5 posts
dancer1234

by dancer1234 on Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:54 pm

Dancer with Eczema.

Hi,
I am a 18 year old female who has suffered from eczema since a child. Ilived in New Zealand for 8 years and have never had a problem. Having come back to the UK with my family, my eczema has worsend. I have it under my nose, on my mouth, under my mouth and on my neck. I have it slightly on my arms but it is nothing. I also have it on my back which is very itchy and constantly dry, despite applying cream to it. On my face it is very scaley, sore , cracked, flaky, always dry and looks very inflamed. It makes me very moody and stressed. It is also very embarrasing and hurts so much.

Being a dancer I sweat and the sweat burns my eczema as well as making my skin very hot and flushed. As a student it is very had to cope with as it takes over my life and always becomes a priority- instead of learning school work I have to keep applying cream that calms it for a few mintues. No one seems to understand that I have literally tried everything. I have used steriods however it thins your face and I dont want to end up with very thin skin one day. I have tried heaps of different creams and herbal creams but nothing seems to work. I've currently ditched creams and am using Coconut oil which does feel soothing but isn't making it any better.

I know there are worse conditions than having eczema but for me, it's horrible and I just want it to go. I would really appreciate any miracle advice that would help me get better and not have to suffer like this anymore.

Marcie Mom

by Marcie Mom on Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:47 am

Re: Dancer with Eczema.

I'm so sorry to hear of the eczema and how it is affecting your passion, dance and life. Are you able to have access to a dermatologist or a clinic that can perform some allergy testing for you? That way you can try to reduce contact with these allergens.. it can be frustrating though, as sometimes one's immune system/ skin may seem to be so sensitive that avoidance (to everything) is not feasible.. but maybe worth a try to review with a doctor again if you can together figure out how to reduce the incidence of flaring up?

Take care,
Mei
Mei
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Mei - Founder of http://www.EczemaBlues.com and Mom to Marcie
Visit Mei on her talkhealth blog all about eczema http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog/author/mei_m/

dancer1234

by dancer1234 on Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:51 am

Hi Mei,

Yes I did visit a dermatologist and a herbalist, both who were very unhelpful and basically told me there is nothing they could do...

Marcie Mom

by Marcie Mom on Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:22 am

So sorry to hear... and I don't think it's right to say that nothing can be done. For instance, gathering your family history, your own history of allergic conditions, finding out triggers and corroborating results from various types of allergy testing, evaluating if certain changes can be made to your lifestyle - products that you use, reducing staph bacteria, wet wrap/ dry wrap, exercise, diet, stress reduction.. maybe see another dermatologist? Feel free to drop by my blog too, I'm so sorry that you've had eczema since being a child and hasn't received helpful advice to manage the eczema.

Thanks,
Meihua
Mei
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Mei - Founder of http://www.EczemaBlues.com and Mom to Marcie
Visit Mei on her talkhealth blog all about eczema http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog/author/mei_m/

dancer1234

by dancer1234 on Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:25 am

Thank you

5 posts