Facial eczema or seborrhoeic.....

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, admin, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

2 posts
mcbrenjaw

by mcbrenjaw on Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:51 am

Facial eczema or seborrhoeic.....

Hi Guys

So for 30 years since birth I'd suffered with eczema everywhere on my body with the exception of my scalp and face, that was until about 6 years ago when I moved to London to do a Masters. I'm from a part of the UK where the water is soft and for the most part, it's been kind to my skin. However London, as I'm sure many here will know, is in an area of hard water and until this point in time I had no idea that water hardness could have an effect on eczema suffers so I began to drink the water whilst all the time my eczema was going into meltdown including my face and scalp. Even after id made the connection and drank bottled water and took warm quick showers, the damage was apparently done as I suffered with bad facial and scalp eczema from then on. Fast forward to the beginning of this year and I had a course of UVB.....amazing, it's cleared me completely and it's stayed away.....except my scalp and face!

I know this is the nature of the beast we suffer with and that these areas of our bodies are always exposed to weather conditions so are prone to dryness but it's beyond frustrating. The behaviour of the eczema is exactly like seborrhoeic eczema in where it affects me and the way it spreads but because it's not presenting as "yellow, greasy flakes" as all my doctors put it, it's not seborrhoeic. It's frustrating as I feel I so close but so far. This eczema has no pattern in its behaviour, it just seemingly flares up when it wants where as my experience with body eczema was very much trigger related so I knew, to a loose extent, how to control it.

Just wondering if anyone with any experiences might have any ideas of what to try!

Marcie Mom

by Marcie Mom on Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:52 am

Re: Facial eczema or seborrhoeic.....

Hi there, for the scalp and face, you may want to see if it's related to products that you use, or see if you want to try a Protopic/ Elidel which are non-steroidal options often recommended for areas such as the face with thinner skin, thanks
Mei
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Mei - Founder of http://www.EczemaBlues.com and Mom to Marcie
Visit Mei on her talkhealth blog all about eczema http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog/author/mei_m/

2 posts