New to Group - Not Eczema

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, admin, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

2 posts
Mizmelzy

by Mizmelzy on Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:18 pm

New to Group - Not Eczema

I have had eczema on and off since I was about 13. Never really horrible usually just a small patch on my face. It was sporadic never every year. Then in my 20's it disappeared for a bit and resurfaced in my 30's. Lately as of this fall/winter it's spreading around my hair line and fore head and patches on the sides of my face by my ears. Normally my doctor just prescribes a steroid cream. I've been on it for about a week or so. And the eczema seems to be slowly going away, but it seems to be drying out the skin around it.

I do not wear make up, and don't use lotions for the most part. I did pick up a face moisturizer that a friend who has eczema on her face recommended as it's all natural no parabens, perfumes, dyes etc that can trigger eczema. Which is not helping the dryness from the prescription cream being used.

I'm pretty sure it's allergy related because my asthma has increased as well. Not sure what it is that's causing it. I have recently been breaking out in hives on my left arm occasionally and have no idea what that is from. I am on like 4 different allergy meds, one including benedryl.

Just looking for some advice on good moisturizers that are eczema approved but not super expensive. And ways to combat it.

Thanks!
Mel

Marcie Mom

by Marcie Mom on Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:19 am

Re: New to Group - Not Eczema

Sorry to hear of the skin and allergy problems; for "eczema-friendly" cream that is inexpensive, I think QV is quite suitable, take care!
Mei
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Mei - Founder of http://www.EczemaBlues.com and Mom to Marcie
Visit Mei on her talkhealth blog all about eczema http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog/author/mei_m/

2 posts