Please help me with my eczema

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, admin, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

6 posts
tonycave48

by tonycave48 on Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:27 pm

Please help me with my eczema

I've had eczema since I was a baby just like many others, I didn't have much of a problem with it until about middle school. I would have more frequent flare ups but oh lord nothing like what I'm having now. I'm now a sophomore in high school, my eczema has literally spread to every inch of my body :(. Sometimes I wake up and my face is peeling and I don't even like to look in the mirror. Taking showers everyday is excruciating and I can only shower every couple days. I use free and clear detergent, I use shampoo and body wash free of dye and fragrances and all that. I put creams all over my body, vaseline, aquaphor, steroids. I don't know if it's my diet or something. I don't know how much more I can take with this, I'm currently posting on Christmas Eve and sadly, I'm having a horrible flare up right now. Somebody please help me.

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:04 am

Re: Please help me with my eczema

Tony - very sorry to hear about your eczema. Hopefully some of our members will provide you with hints and tips in how they cope with the real problems of eczema, but if you haven't sent your health care professional about this please do so, and if you have you must go back again to ask for further help and advice. There are so many products and services available to help, but unfortunately it does take time to find the right one for you, but as many of our members will tell you it is worth the trouble in finding what works. We are launching a talkhealth patient support programme in February that would be worth you signing up to - it lasts for 12 / 24 weeks and will give you great information on how you can self manage and what to ask the doctor. The link for sign up is here. http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/psp/eczema.php . We are launching separate programmes for both children and adults. Best wishes
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

melisa99

by melisa99 on Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:53 pm

Hi, Sorry to hear about how your ezcema is making you feel,
I am 43 and ive had atopic eczema all over my body from i was 2 years old.
I spent alot of my teenage years in hosiptal due to my atopic ezcema.
I HATED HAVING EZCEMA EVERY DAY.
I also have hand eczema the last 6 years. it drove me crazy blisters weeping on all my fingers.
I used all the creams steroids they all seamed to make me want to tear the skin of my fingers which i did.
I couldnt wash dishes wash my own hair,
So i started doing research in making my own soaps shampoos ect.
With great results my soaps is the best ive a used. I for the first time in my life can control it.
My hand ezcema now is gone after using my soap for 2 weeks. If i get stressed it does start but ive also made a healing soap which is amazing for drying out the blisters and healing them, something that would not of happened before making these soaps.
I starting getting friends and friends of others to try it and was amazed by how many people benifited from using the soaps, ezcema,rosaca,psoriasis acne cracked dry skin.
I now have lots of scars on my hands legs arms face. the worst scars are my hands.
With this soap my are slowly getting a little bit smaller will update if this soap works for the scaring.
I would be willing to make a few sample bars and give the out free to anyone who has ezcema as i know how you feel.
The soap is NATURAL vegan friendly.
Last edited by talkhealth on Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: We have removed the direct email address as we do not know this member directly and can not vouch for any product they are suggesting

mousie12

by mousie12 on Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:55 am

Hi tony,
Hope you have been able to find some relief. I have struggled with eczema all my life. ( i'm in my 50s)Hoping some of the things I have learned might help you. I found that my symptoms got better or worse each 7 years or so. I use paraffin cream at least 5 times each day. It helps it feel better and less dry. Steriod creams are effective but flare ups will eventually clear on their own. Use steroid creams to avoid flaring again before the first flare up has healed. Egocourt brand soft wash is good instead of soap & shampoo. I rarely swim, or have a bath. Some people like to avoid water as much as possible, but daily showers work of for me. Numbing cream is good to help reduce scratching as is cooling rather than heating for me. Oral steroids work well but aren't a long term solution. I use a combination of immune suppressants and antihistamines. The main thing I advise is finding a cream that is soothing. If a product makes it feel worse, hurts, stings or irritates avoid it.

eczemaliving

by eczemaliving on Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:33 am

My beautiful baby boy was born a perfectly healthy baby. As a working mother, I had a perfect plan for him: breastfeeding/formula supplementation for 6 months, food introduction at 4-6 months, and then traditional milk and so on, and I stuck to that plan.

At 6-8 months, we started noticing blisters on his tummy area, nothing too severe. We kept it natural. At 8 months, he ate something at a restaurant, broke out in hives, was taken to ER, and our journey to food allergies, severe eczema, seasonal allergies, and digestive issues started.

Mom quits job and flourishing career to manage son’s severely worsening eczema, keeping him at home full time, attending multiple doctor appointments, getting blood work done on various diseases, cooking allergy friendly foods and changing our lifestyle to a hypoallergenic one — read, read, read, track, track, track, stress, stress, and more stress.

My hope with (eczemaliving.com) blog is to help other mothers out there with kids with eczema. Eczema is not a single point disease, it requires a strong management plan from all angles. So, you’ll find my experiences, my knowledge, my opinions, latest research, my recipes, and my emotions on this blog!
Nav Gosal
Founder and CEO - https://eczemaliving.com/
Twitter: @eczemaliving
Email Contact : eczemaliving@gmail.com

carlb2017

by carlb2017 on Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:21 am

You can visit our eczema support group for help and advice from fellow sufferers like myself.
http://www.oureczemastory.com
I hope you find some relief and ease your suffering.
ECZEMA SUCKS !!!!!

6 posts