Line on starting below ear to to chin

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, admin, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

1 post
whisperpines

by whisperpines on Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:30 am

Line on starting below ear to to chin

Hi,

I developed Seborrheic Dermatitis after I had a dental crown put in about a year ago and started taking a cocktail of corticosteroid, antihistimine, and some oral anti-fungul that my doctor in Vietnamese prescribed me while I was living there. This did a decent job at suppressing the symptoms, but after a while my chin became especially dry and itchy. My doctor prescribed some steroid cream, which I didn't understand was dangerous and probably used too much of for a couple weeks then stopped once I felt my skin getting really thin.

Around the same time, I fell on my chin and got a small cut. Every time I shaved after this I found this line that was pale and without hair, and it became more and more visible. My chin became redder and redder and hair started thinning out on my chin and the hair that was there became completely gray. After having a few drinks one night with friends i came home and realized my oily chin had developed a big oily lump at the base of where the line on the one side of my face met my chin. That's currently where I'm at now and wondering what it could be. My doctor here in the states now says I have folliculitis and I have been taking Doxycycline for two weeks now, but it's done nothing really for the chin and made my SD symptoms a bit more inflamed (as well as soreness in my legs).

I'm just wondering if anyone else has had a line like this with oiliness on and around the chin. It almost appears to be draining to where the lump has grown.

Any information would be apprecated! thanks.