Does eczema make you ugly/unattractive?

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, admin, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

6 posts
Cookie8

by Cookie8 on Tue May 01, 2012 1:17 pm

Does eczema make you ugly/unattractive?

Hi there

I have suffered from eczema all of my life and have convinced myself that it's a disease that makes you ugly and not attractive to the opposite sex. I wondered if anyone out there feels the same

Does having this skin disease make it ten times harder to meet a partner in life? or is it all in the mind?

I'm hoping that some of you lovely people out there would be willing to help me out

many thanks for reading!

Cookie8

natty246xx

by natty246xx on Wed May 02, 2012 1:20 pm

Re: Does eczema make you ugly/unattractive?

I've been with my boyfriend almost three years, and it doesn't bother him at all. & with previous people I have been with, it never seemed to freak anyone out. All it is to anyone else is a skin condition x

tinawina

by tinawina on Thu May 03, 2012 1:24 am

Hey Cookie,

Of course it doesn't make you unattractive !

I have been with my husband over 10 years, I have had eczema off and on for over 20 years. Although the eczema itself doesn't bother him (the occasional swearing and complaining about it sometime does!). :roll:

My brother-in-law also has eczema (mainly on his arms); and all his girlfriends don't seem to care one bit. ;)

I am sure you are a beautiful person inside and out, the eczema is a skin condition -that's all. But you need to remain confident and self-assured. Constant brooding and being depressed over it can make you unattractive. I try to force myself to forget I even have it, call me self-delusional but it makes me a happier person as a result. :mrgreen:

Tina

Marcie Mom

by Marcie Mom on Thu May 03, 2012 9:34 am

No, eczema doesn't make you unattractive. I married a husband with eczema and he's so cute! (gosh.. can't believe I just said that to the world wide world!)

Do check my blog http://eczemablues.com if you wish to know more about eczema; it's for kids' eczema but many adults found the posts helpful.

Thank you and pamper yourself a little? Will feel better :)
Mei
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Mei - Founder of http://www.EczemaBlues.com and Mom to Marcie
Visit Mei on her talkhealth blog all about eczema http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog/author/mei_m/

Cookie8

by Cookie8 on Mon May 07, 2012 9:02 pm

Thank you for the replies to my query - it's great to know that it's possible to go out there and meet people who are understanding and don't give it too much of a second thought..... it's really helped so thanks :D

Cookie xx

kristijencks44

by kristijencks44 on Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:36 pm

I have hideous eczema and I do use steroid creams but my dermatologist said the true problem is that in between steroid uses the skin becomes dry. Using foderma serum a few times a day has CURED my eczema. I am thrilled.

6 posts