extreme eczema, exams soon

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, admin, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

8 posts
bsupertramp

by bsupertramp on Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:20 am

extreme eczema, exams soon

Hi everyone, I hope someone can help me.
I'm 17, and have had eczema my whole life. From about 13 - 16 it went away, but this year, my final year of high school, it has come back with a vengeance.
Since about April this year I've had some crazy eczema in one of my armpits, I've been to three doctors for it. First two prescribed cortisones, first sigmacort and then betnovate. It just seemed to be getting worse however, and once I stopped using the betnovate I noticed it seemed to be clearing up. Then this weekend I went to another doctor (for reasons I will explain next) and she said it looked like a fungal infection that would just be feeding off of the cortisones so she prescribed me an anti-fungal cream and tablet. I have been using these for a few days and they seem to be helping slightly. I have a referral for a dermatologist but my appointment isn't for 2 months. I was hoping somewhere here would have experience the same thing and would know what I can do for it. It gets incredibly itchy, especially when I'm hot and stressed. I have my final exams in less than a month, and I know this giant sore under my arm isn't going to help.
Secondly, this weekend I have had a reaction in a way I never have had before. I have been to the doctors and they said it's probably a reaction to seafood, but I'm a vegetarian, and have never had anything like this in the past when eating seafood. Saturday morning I woke up with really dry lips, then when I looked in the mirror I saw little red bumps on them, and a single red flat dot on my face. I thought it was just a funny looking pimple, but when I looked again in a few hours, there was three more of them! The next morning my whole face was covered in them and my lips were swollen. It's now wednesday and I still have all the dots, but they seem to be crusting. I have been taking antihistimines, and just started putting the sigmacort on my face.
I've never had a reaction or eczema like this, and it's driving me insane. Does anyone have any advice on how to clear it up fast, and also how I can cover it with make up? I have my graduation ceremony in 2 weeks, and next week I have dress up days all week where there will be lots of photos taken.

that's under my arm

that's my face day one

this is my face today (wednesday)

Thanks a lot for reading my long post aha :P

sf34_22

by sf34_22 on Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:50 pm

Re: extreme eczema, exams soon

Oh you poor girl what a state you are in. You must go back to your GP ASAP and get yourself looked at you shouldn't be suffering like this at your age!

Good luck and let us know how you get on x

Heidijo

by Heidijo on Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:08 pm

i was looking at your pics , my husband saw it across the room and said straight away they need a new razor, have thought that might be re infecting u if it is an infection of some sort, it is just a thought. your face looks like my sons when he comes into contact with something he is allergic to so do get it check out cos can soon move on to annaphlatic shock NOT GOOD hope u feel better soon and try not to stress it makes it worse, i know not easy

AnnaB

by AnnaB on Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:43 pm

I had a friend who had similar under her arm and the GP sad to use disposable razors use once and throw away. Eventually it cleared up. But the rest of your face may be being triggered from the armpit as it is so bad.
AnnaB
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

bsupertramp

by bsupertramp on Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:02 am

I went to another doctor who was really concerned and called up the dermatologist to fast-track me in
he prescribed an ointment and cortosone tables, and the eczema on my face was nearly all gone in 2 days!
he said it was caused by stress, but didn't know about under my arm.
He told me just to leave it until after my face cleared, so now that that's all better I've started using the anti-fungal cream again under the arm and it is clearing.
I think it must have been from shaving, I usually use the same razor for about a week but now I guess I'll start throwing them away after one use (not that I've even been shaving under that arm because it's so sore)
thanks for all your concern :)

Heidijo

by Heidijo on Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:12 pm

glad u are feeling and looking better, the face is the worst cos u cant hide it . keep going

itchyhippy

by itchyhippy on Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:00 pm

Hey there
good to hear you are feeling better, Have you ever had allergy testing? It sounds like you had an allergic reaction at some point. If you havnt already, it might be worth getting tested just in case there is something you are allergic to that you can avoid in the future. Its also worth knowing even if there isn't anything so that you know to treat it as eczema and not just an allergic reaction.

taytay123

by taytay123 on Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:56 pm

Hi has the original poster found out if this was in fact eczema? Or what triggers it other than stress?

8 posts