Eczema isnt clearing up...

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, admin, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

24 posts
larkie11

by larkie11 on Thu May 07, 2015 12:43 pm

Eczema isnt clearing up...

I'm really depressed right now. I have had eczema only since a year ago++ at the age of 17. I have not had it for awhile now but this past month has just been a rollercoaster ride. My eczema isnt on my whole body. Its just mainly the area around the mouth and on my right hand between my pinky and fourth finger.

But i also have haemarrhoid right now after going to a chinese medical doctor who gave me something to get rid of "poison in my body" That makes me wana poop but i can't because i am very constipated.

And i seem to also have eczema on my leg that seems to get redder everyday that started as a burnt area and it seemed to have bewn allergic to a cream to heal scars...

Im really worried about my life now, i have had good skin almost all my life but now this..

I also seem to have a tender lump outside of my vagina but i have not had any sex before so in really very depressed.

I cry about twice a day because of all this issues that just suddenly pops out at me.

Any advice on reducing my eczema that is swollen and oozing/bleeding? Since its near my mouth i really have no appetite... i am against use of steroids, all western docs do is give me more of them, which is why i went to chinese medical..

Marcie Mom

by Marcie Mom on Fri May 08, 2015 4:29 am

Re: Eczema isnt cleaing up...

Sorry to hear of all the problems that started coming.. sometimes, it's puberty related. But given how specific the area is, I'm wondering if it's related to something that you've been using? Sometimes contact dermatitis takes time before the rash shows as it is a delayed reaction, especially on your fingers. Consider getting a patch test.. totally understand that we should be wary of steroids but be careful with TCM too.. it's scary if you don't know what they're prescribing as well. Consider allergy test and from there, it may be a case of avoiding certain jewelry, lotions that you've been using.

Hugs, take care,
Mei
Mei
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Mei - Founder of http://www.EczemaBlues.com and Mom to Marcie
Visit Mei on her talkhealth blog all about eczema http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog/author/mei_m/

larkie11

by larkie11 on Fri May 08, 2015 1:43 pm

Yeah for the rash on my fingers all i can think of is the soap and shampoo im using. But i have used those for even before the rash started and i dont have much things touching the back of my finger but the rash is there as well.

But for my face.. i dont use any things at all. Too lazy for cleansers and all. I had only used a pimple cream once which resulted in a red rash from allergy but that was after my first bout of eczema started.

I have been searching for a lot of forums to help ease down the eczema but i cant find any solutions that could help me.

I just started a new sch 3 weeks ago and im already showing up like an alien with red pathes and skin flakes around my mouth and people just stare. its not a good feeling :'(

I have an appointment with a dermatologist next week.. im hoping that they wont just prescribe my anymore steroid cream as my issues is in my body and not the skin.

Tcm at least has given me hope, and the tcm i visit is actually free except for donations where alot of elders visit so im not too scared about that, the doc told me it had to do with gut/intestine issues since i am very constipated and toxins are in my body and its showing up on my face as a result, its better then the gp just telling me that he can only give me more steroid creams..

Moisturizers sting my face literally and makes it itchier..

I really dont know if the rest of my life is gona be dealing w eczema on my face or worse if it spreads Thats y i get depressed when i get home

larkie11

by larkie11 on Fri May 08, 2015 1:45 pm

Oh i just saw you're from singapore just like me. Do you have any idea some products i can use that are hypoallergic to help?

EczemaGreg

by EczemaGreg on Sun May 10, 2015 3:00 am

Hello larkie11

I have read your post and I have a few points that really worked for me.
But before I do I want to let you know how similar we are in our thoughts on treatment for eczema.
Firstly, I too am tried of all the western doctors giving out steroid creams and pills with no alternative.
I too had tried Chinese medicine, but little results for me. That does not mean it will be the same for you.

I suggest the following for you:

Start drinking more water everyday , lemon slice with the water is best as this will help alkaline your blood stream and help purge the toxins in your body.

Get an allergy test so you know what you need to avoid- this is very important if you have not done so.

Start a journal tracking your good and bad days and ideas of what you might have done, used, or consumed that day when your eczema flares up. obviously avoid the ones you think are triggering it.

I moisturize with Vaseline, no added ingredients and no perfumes - I keep everything basic and if it works I do not change.

the soap and shampoo, what I use is Dove for both it has a moisturizing cream in the soap which helps me as most soaps extract the much needed moisture in our skin.

I have a bunch of other stuff if you are interested. and good luck, stick with it, you are not alone.

Greg

larkie11

by larkie11 on Mon May 11, 2015 4:43 am

Hi, i have been trying to eat healthy this past week. Basically limiting myself to vegetables, fruit like apples everyday and white rice/noodle made from rice.

I have seen no improvement, but i have already cut out processed food like snacks and no longer eat them. I only eat an apple for breakfast, and then for dinner and lunch i will try to have something soup based with vegetables.

I am still not even sure if what i have is eczema, but 3 doctors told me so.. but mine is mainly flaking skin around my lips area and cracks on my mouth. It is hard to eat and takes away my appetitie at times. I really find it better to not even attempt to go out and stay home all day but i have picked up courage to go to school everyday even though people stare at me.
I dont know if you can see this image but this is how my mouth looks like now after a week of inflammation.

Maybe I'll try out allergy tests like the prick test.. but my family isn't very rich so im just going to count on the cash award i got from doing well in school... but this condition has taken a toll on my this past month, i no longer concentrate well in class because i keep worrying about this weird thing around my mouth, the spreading eczema on my hand and leg..

I would really like to hear more about treatments you have gone through. Have they done you well and kept the condition at bay now?

EczemaGreg

by EczemaGreg on Mon May 11, 2015 6:31 am

a lot of the treatments with western doctors was prednisone pills and cortisone cream ( both with awful side affects) with the Chinese medicine it was drinking a lot of awful tasting teas.

you need to start a journal and write in it daily this will help you tweak your diet.
this is what I did below to help purge the toxins in my body

DRINK MORE WATER- WITH A LEMON SLICE!!!!
LEMON TEA
organic apple cider vinegar with water.

eat fruits and vegetables that are known for the antioxidant properties as well increase your fiber intake.

good luck and stick with the journal and diet
Greg
Last edited by talkhealth on Tue May 12, 2015 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: unauthorised URL, please check forum rules

larkie11

by larkie11 on Mon May 11, 2015 6:53 am

I know about supplements, but i dont have an idea of which/how much of the types i need to take, since i do not have a primary care doctor and have no idea how the levels are in my body.

im scared of overdosing on certain types and causing even more damage than now..

I have been drinking lots of water for around 2 weeks now, at least 2 litre a day. It hurts to drink water with the cracks in my lips from the dryness of all around of mouth, i haven't tried it with lemon but i have a feeling it will be more painful.

I have been keeping a food journal since last week and only eat certain types of food that is okay, mainly vegetables, apples are the only fruits the chinese medical doctor told me to eat, fish and i can't escape rice since its everywhere.

So all this unsureness just adds up to making me more depressed and more anti social since its sapped me of my confidence. People just stare at my mouth when they talk to me and it hurts.

Marcie Mom

by Marcie Mom on Mon May 11, 2015 7:39 am

Hi,

My daughter got her skin prick test at NUH, followed by doctor consultation. You can go to polyclinic first, then get a referral. If you're a public patient, then you won't have a fixed doctor assigned to you so it's best that you keep a record of what creams you've been prescribed and how long you've used it and what are the results. Sometimes seeing another doctor may mean losing some of that past record so it pays to be vigilant and to tell the doctor what and how long you've been using the cream. Helps to prevent over-using as well.

Take care,
Mei
Mei
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Mei - Founder of http://www.EczemaBlues.com and Mom to Marcie
Visit Mei on her talkhealth blog all about eczema http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog/author/mei_m/

larkie11

by larkie11 on Mon May 11, 2015 8:16 am

I have a referral from polyclinic to go to NSC. I went there once for the same problem, just not as worse as this. Using steroid cream cleared it and it just came back with a vengance.

I have a follow up with them, supposed to be may but i had it brought forward to this week friday. I really hope the answer isn't just steroid creams, because i would be ending up using it and it will just keep coming back even worse.

24 posts