5 Natural Ways to Fight Off Eczema

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, admin, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

6 posts
lucille78

by lucille78 on Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:45 pm

5 Natural Ways to Fight Off Eczema

If you suffer from eczema like myself, you want and need to seek relief. You may opt for expensive over-the-counter products or try prescriptions recommended by your doctor. These may work for awhile, but don’t discount natural ways to fight off eczema. Luckily, there are many natural remedies that have proven effective for myself treating eczema, 5 of which are outlined below.

Natural Remedy for Eczema #1 – Bathe Properly
Proper bathing and showering is key to not only treating eczema, but preventing more outbreaks. Most medical professionals recommend short showers or baths. Lukewarm water with no bath bubbles is advised. Eczema suffers should also limit the amount of scented shampoo, conditioner, and soap they use. Opt for all-natural or organic instead. Although not necessarily an all-natural cure, lotions and creams should be applied immediately following a bath or shower to lock in the moisture.

Natural Remedy for Eczema #2 – Drink Plenty of Water
Lukewarm baths and showers have their benefits because they moisturize the skin. Lotions and creams can help keep this moisture locked in. Don’t just moisture your body from the outside, but the inside too. The most natural and easiest way to do so is to drink lots of water. Keep your body hydrated and it will help your skin, making eczema easier to manage.

Natural Remedy for Eczema #3 – Take Oatmeal Baths
Above it was stated that short baths and showers are recommended. The only exception to this is when oatmeal is used. Oatmeal tends to have a calming effect on the skin. There are all-natural oatmeal bath product sold at most department stores and drug stores, but you can easily make your own mixture. Honestly, the oatmeal sold at supermarkets will do. Add two or three cups to a bathtub filled with lukewarm water.

Natural Remedy for Eczema #4 – Watch What You Eat
Watching what you eat is a natural way to fight off eczema. Unfortunately, you may run into some problems. You want to eat skin healthy foods, but some of these foods may trigger an outbreak or flare-up. For example, fruits are known to help against premature aging, but seeded fruits are a common eczema cause. You should keep a daily log of your food and drink consumption. Use this to determine what you ate or drank before each outbreak. If you notice a pattern, permanently adjusting your eating habits.

Natural Remedy for Eczema #5 – Use All Natural Supplements
All-natural supplements have proven helpful in many eczema patients. In fact, some swear by them. What you want to do is research natural supplements that can help treat or cure eczema. Good examples include fish oil, vitamin E, and vitamin C. Then, work on adding these supplements into your diet. Do so slowly and one at a time, so you know which works and which doesn’t. Supplements come in over-the-counter format, but most are found naturally in foods too.

Trust this will help.

Regards
Lucille
Last edited by talkhealth on Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed link - see forum rules.

Klips1589

by Klips1589 on Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: 5 Natural Ways to Fight Off Eczema

Drinking pure chimp super tea improves your skin from within.
Highly recommended.

FlyLeafso

by FlyLeafso on Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:32 pm

Hi,
Thanks for this i will defiantly start drinking more water as well as tracking what i eat. Are herbal teas such as camomile and green tea be avoided? i am a big fan of herbal teas and would just like to know.

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:37 pm

Thank you for all the tips! What improvements have you noticed with the green tea?

Helen
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

demure28sg

by demure28sg on Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:26 am

Thanks for posting about the 5 natural ways to beat eczema. I feel guilty because i just realized that i am also responsible for the outbreak of my eczema.i have not been eating fruits and vegetables lately. I do the bath for an hour everyday because i thought it could relax my mind. I am using scented shampoos and conditioner. I have not been drinking water as well because i only drink tea and coffee ( as my water)...but due to this post, i am no longer confused why my eczema on the back of my elbows and knees are all weeping. They are so sore. So itchy. So hideous. They are very severe again that i have been momethasone. I believe its the strongest steroid. But my question is if you advised short shower...what do you mean by short? How many minutes is that? Is it ok to take a bath everyday? I also read an article on facebook that water is actually the enemy of eczema so daily bath or daily shower is not recommended. Im really confused. Please enlighten me about it. Thanks.

Marcie Mom

by Marcie Mom on Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:56 am

Hi there :) For showers, it's ok to shower daily
- No hot water
- 10 mins
- No soap/fragrance/sodium lauryl sulphate products
- Once out of shower, pat dry (not rub - also no abrasive 'beads' product for shower)
- Moisturize immediately

Take care!
Mei
Mei
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Mei - Founder of http://www.EczemaBlues.com and Mom to Marcie
Visit Mei on her talkhealth blog all about eczema http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog/author/mei_m/

6 posts