latest acne news, research & surveys

Moderators: talkhealth, admin, macygravy

PYSCHOLOGICAL IMPACT OF SKIN CONDITIONS RESEARCH

Postby talkhealth on Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:41 pm

During late 2016, talkhealth carried out some patient research around the psychological impact of skin conditions.

You can read about the research here: http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/freebies/results_psycho_impact_of_skin.php

Let us know what you think below.
talkhealth team
Read our health blog - http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog
talkhealth

Re: PYSCHOLOGICAL IMPACT OF SKIN CONDITIONS RESEARCH

Postby Bunnykins83 on Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:08 pm

I am 61 years old and still suffering from the damaging psychological affects of having severe acne for years. Although my acne has cleared up (with Roaccutane) I am left with scars. I was left with a scar on my left cheek which I was advised (by a dermatologist) to have treated with a facial filler. This filler began to cause problems so I had to have it removed and have been left with a worse scar than before! Although my skin is the clearest it has ever been and I have no wrinkles, I am still self conscious of my scarring. I have realised that I need to accept my scars and love myself for who I am. This has taken me 40 years to get to this stage. This is an example of how acne can still affect a person's self esteem and confidence years later.
Bunnykins83

Re: PYSCHOLOGICAL IMPACT OF SKIN CONDITIONS RESEARCH

Postby LizieCarrel on Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:42 pm

Acne can cause deep psychological issues. It is important parents support their children and do everything in their power to get the best possible result. For some, it will mean dealing with the skin condition, but in other cases, there may be a need to enlist a professional to assist with any emotional problems.
LizieCarrel