Dyspnea

Moderators: talkhealth, nanny54321

2 posts
joolieboolie

by joolieboolie on Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:02 pm

Dyspnea

I'm 54 and had quite bad asthma from my teens to late 30s. However, with exercise and moving out of the city, I now feel cured. I may get a mild flare up every few years due to an allergic reaction to dust/pets. I haven't used an inhaler for many years. What has developed over the past years is something which seems to meet the definition of dyspnea and it's quite severe. One Dr told me it was probably anxiety, another Dr, 10 years later, said I need to try and ignore it as there is nothing that can be done. I only seem to get it in the winter and it can (though not always) be triggered by exercise. Symptoms: feel like only occasional breaths satisfy my need for oxygen, gasping, mild pressure in my head, the need to yawn. Any advice? Thanks

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:37 pm

Re: Dyspnea

Hi joolieboolie,

Sorry to hear about your symptoms which you think could be Dyspnoea. Given your history of reacting to dust mite/pets, perhaps it could be that? Dust mites do tend to be worse in winter due to less ventilation.

Unfortunately we are unable to give out specific medical advice, but given that it is severe, we would suggest that you visit your GP again and get another opinion. Perhaps they can refer you for further investigation.

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

2 posts