Page 1 of 1

Looking for help

Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:29 am
by Mike14220
Hello, I'm new to this site. I'm a 47 year old male who has had an undiagnosed health condition my whole life and I'm looking for advice. It will start with a rundown feeling, followed by a sore throat, sneezing, and then a slight fever (often accompanied by the chills for a few nights). The condition eventually improves to where i can function with one exception: a persistent dry cough. The frequency in which i get sick has increased to about once every 6 weeks.

My doctors appear stumped. I had my tonsils removed 30 years ago and that definitely helped at the time. I had mononucleosis at age 16 and it reemerged at age 46. Recently, I went to an ENT specialist. She took an xray of my sinuses and said they were fine. She suggested I get a CPAP machine because she thinks my health issues could be sleep related. I am in the process of doing that. However, I don't think my sinus infections/colds every 6 weeks are related to that.

As I write this I am bed ridden, 6 days into another outbreak. My coworkers , family, and friends constantly ask me what the doctors are doing about me being sick all the time. And I have to tell them I don't know. They just give me antibiotics and not much else. My question is, should I request to see a specialist and if so, what type? A coworker told me she felt I could have an autoimmune disorder. I believe that's a distinct possibility but I'm wondering what you think? Any advice is appreciated. Thank you.

Re: Looking for help

Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:14 am
by talkhealth
Hi Mike14220,

Welcome to talkhealth!

Sorry to hear about the symptoms that you are suffering from. It sounds very difficult for you to know where to turn, given that your Health Professionals are not sure the cause.

Sadly, we are unable to give out specific medical advice to you but urge you to seek out a second opinion from a GP. Perhaps ask them if you could be tested for autoimmunity. Also could your colds and sinuses be an allergy to something, either dust, food or something else? Your body is obviously irritated in someway and trying to rid itself of something.

You may want to contact our partner charity 'Action against Allergy' who may be able to help you as allergies can cause in some cases debilitating illness. Please find the link below:

Kind regards

Re: Looking for help

Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:46 am
by scilover
the best thing to do is to go meet the specialist if you feel not better. if this doctor didn't do anything, you should seek the pro.

Re: Looking for help

Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:28 am
by jemmack2020
get inogen installed at your home for your respiratory needs