Relationships menopause and husband problems

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

7 posts
JudyJJ

by JudyJJ on Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:25 pm

Relationships menopause and husband problems

Hi - I originally posted in the prostate forum as my husband was frequently peeing. We saw a doctor and thankfully it was a bacterial form of prostatits which needed a course of antibiotcis. It was a battle to get my husband to the docotr in the first place, but in going through all this we've talked openly about things we'd never talked about before. If anything it's brought us closer together. I'm of a menopausal age and dont' really think my husband understood what I was going through until he had problems himself.

I think what I've learned is that it's good to talk, and talk and talk and then talk some more. And I'm sure that a healthy relationship, sexual or otherwise, defintely does benefit from being open, talking and sharing.

Nagging Nora

by Nagging Nora on Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:06 pm

Re: Relationships menopause and husband problems

Judy JJ - I totally agree with you that you have to talk to your partner about how you're feeling as you do change in the menopause both from a mood and sexual point of view. I have tried to explain to my husband what I'm experiencing over the years and although it has helped there are often times when I still think he doesn't understand and feels that I'm just making excuses for my behaviour (even though I'm not!!). At least you know you've tried and that you're not blocking him out. Good luck with the talking :)

barnett12

by barnett12 on Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:38 am

Yeah, you are absolutely right on this. Communication is the key to a healthy relation. Many couples have benefited from this. Even doctors advice that talking to your partner regarding your feelings can boost your relation.

David147

by David147 on Sat May 02, 2015 7:19 am

You don't wait and hope that someday it will pass. Menopause can last years and years - in my wife's case, over 5 years. She deserves better than that.

The two of you need to do something about it - together. Tell her you don't like seeing her suffer and you want to get her some assistance. Let her know you are sympathetic to her plight. It is not her "fault" - it is a natural part of a woman's life cycle.

Go and see your doctor.

See an acupuncturist - they CAN help.

Also, from what I remember, Herbal has a product Don Quai ( that is the rough pronunciation anyway) that helped my wife with hot flushes and maybe other symptoms, but I can't be sure on that.

Some people are scared about taking hormone replacement therapy, due to some bad press - if that is the case with your wife, then look at alternative medicine e.g. the acupuncture, Chinese medicine etc.

Google it and read up on it. Just make sure she knows you want to help her - don't let her go through it by herself while you are in another room. This is the "for better, for worse, in sickness and in health" part. Good luck.

AidanJackson

by AidanJackson on Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:05 pm

Great post here, and you do a wonderful job of all of these. Its a great post, and a wonderful list to have on hand. I really like this

shaillythomas

by shaillythomas on Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:13 am

Yes communication is key of success of any relation. a couple should talk each other about your problem. I never know how I treat my husband after menopause as we are friendly and always talk each other but I affarid what happen after menopause. is there any problem is sexual relation after menopause

johnsimon

by johnsimon on Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:09 pm

I agree with everyone here. Communication is the key. I can't see a marriage/relationship succeeding without solid communication.

7 posts