How do I lose weight?

If you have any questions that have not been covered by the subjects below please post them here.

Moderator: talkhealth

3 posts
Gary Turner

by Gary Turner on Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:52 pm

Re: How do I lose weight?

Take a look at my reply here: viewtopic.php?f=657&t=7464

I work with IBS often in my hypnotherapy work. There appears to be a massive psychosomatic element to it. (Psychosomatic are bodily reactions caused by the mind).

I don't keep exact records on this, yet around 1 in 3 of my clients resolve their IBS so that they don't have any, just from a psychological intervention. I would suggest these clients have created their IBS through 'associated learning' when they associate a dodgy tummy with an emotional state - so each time they get the same emotional state the dodgy tummy comes on. Think classical conditioning...Pavlov's dogs...

1/3 have improved IBS, less flare ups, better able to control. This is likely to be because of emotional control and regulation, preventing the emotional states such as stress and anxiety that exacerbate the condition. These are likely to have genetic or other such sources for their IBS.

As are the final 1/3, who have just as many flare ups, just as bad, but - they feel better about it following hypnotherapy ;)

So my advice in respect to the IBS is to give hypnotherapy (or other psychological intervention) a go, and see what can be done! Worth seeking out a suitably experienced practitioner though, that's for sure!

How does this sit with you?
Gary Turner
Advisor to British Army School of Physical Training, World Champion Elite Sportsman

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... turner.php

3 posts