How do I lose the fat around my belly?

If you have any questions that have not been covered by the subjects below please post them here.

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
Gary Turner

by Gary Turner on Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:40 pm

Re: How do I lose the fat around my belly?

Hi,

It may be that you have reached your correct genetic size, and that your body will therefore resist further reductions.

It could also be the adipose tissue - the fat storage cells - that are now empty of fat that remain following your weight loss. The only way to reduce this is through surgery - there is no exercise or diet approach that will work.

It could be that you have hormonal imbalance - look to have your estrogen levels checked.

It could be that you are suffering from the effects of stress - cortisol is a potent releaser of fat from storage, however, if that fat isn't utilised it will find a home in the stomach region. If stress remove the stressor or learn a more beneficial reaction to that stressor.

In other words there is lots it could be...so if you have fears it could be a medical issue I would suggest seeing your GP and getting screened for the possibilities...

Hope this helps a little!
Gary Turner
Advisor to British Army School of Physical Training, World Champion Elite Sportsman

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... turner.php

2 posts