exercise while dieting

Ask our experts all your questions about diet and dieting, healthy eating, nutrition and the best ways to either gain or lose weight.

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
olderowl

by olderowl on Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:49 am

exercise while dieting

I am currently trying to lose weight and wish to combine exercise with my diet. I was considering buying a vibrating plate to start my exercise at home, as I can't get to a gym at the moment. However I have HBP and arthritis. Would it be safe for me to use?

Gary Turner

by Gary Turner on Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:43 pm

Re: exercise while dieting

Hi,

The vibrating plates don't have much to support them for anything over a warm up device, maybe a little to help other areas of muscle units firing, but not much apart from that. I would suggest that they may be a little expensive for home use, too much cost for minimal benefit when there would be far better uses of money...

In respect to your health see your GP, get yourself screened, learn what you can and can't do, then get an appropriately experienced coach/personal trainer to train you in what and how to do your exercise...

Hope this helps!
Gary Turner
Advisor to British Army School of Physical Training, World Champion Elite Sportsman

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... turner.php

2 posts