Online clinic on food allergies - Feb 2015

Allergy UK is the leading national medical charity providing advice, information and support to people with allergies and food intolerance.
Action Against Allergy (AAA) provides information, advice and support to those made chronically ill through the many different forms of allergy and those who care for them.

talkhealth > Clinics > Online Clinics Index > Online clinic on food allergies - Feb 2015 > wheat and gluten allergies

wheat and gluten allergies

Moderator: talkhealth

Bread

Postby riapenny on Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:13 pm

I suffer from chronic constipation and have tired many remedies. I have an excellent diet , loads of fruit and veg but this doesn't seem to help. I am beginning to think that bread may be my problem and since cutting it out my bowel function has been much better but....I have had a lot of headaches. Could withdrawal from wheat cause this?
riapenny

Re: Bread

Postby Dr Adam Fox on Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:39 am

it's possible for wheat to be contributing to the problems with your bowel but avoiding wheat should not cause symtpoms. You should ask your doctor about coeliac disease as this may be the reason wheat was causing your constipation.
Dr Adam Fox
MA(Hons), MD, MSc, MB, BS, DCH, FRCPCH, FHEA, Dip Allergy

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/online_clinics/experts/dr_adam_fox.php
Dr Adam Fox