Acne since I was 13.

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, macygravy

5 posts
laurena1994

by laurena1994 on Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:08 pm

Acne since I was 13.

Hello.
I'm pretty new to this page. But glad I've finally found somewhere where I can feel as though I'm not alone suffering from acne. I've had it since I was 13. It's been a long on going struggle. I've tried so many different creams and ointments and gels and all sorts to try and get rid. The doctors used to just brush me up and blame it on puberty and things like that. I'm now 22 and a mother of 1. My doctors has finally decided they're going to help me. They give me a cream about 2 months ago which I've been using. It was working and now again it's stopped. I'm so frustrated and fed up of how my skin looks. How sore my face always is. How much people stare at me. And how I hate to wear make up because it never looks nice. Will this ever go away? I can't even put pictures onto my social media without editing out my acne because I'm so ashamed of it. Any tips or things I could try? Thanks so much for reading.

Much love.

Lauren. :D

candy-babe-49

by candy-babe-49 on Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:04 am

Re: Acne since I was 13.

I feel the same way! It affects me on a daily basis and its only getting worse with age...When I was a teenager I would only get acne around my period, now it is constant. Im 23 years old and hate leaving the house with no make up on because not only do I have pimples I have scars....it is so discouraging

cannon_fods

by cannon_fods on Sun May 15, 2016 6:29 am

Hi candy-babe-49 and HelenLouise.

I feel for you both greatly. I had acne (sometimes cystic) for 30 years until I figured out what caused it for me. The suffering it causes, physically, emotionally, mentally, is horrendous, so truly my heart goes out to you.

Have you tried a dietary solution? For me, my body was reacting badly to some food groups.

Kindest regards. Sean.

bcm32885

by bcm32885 on Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:57 pm

Have you had any hormone testing? I think a lot of women have hormonal imbalances that contribute to their acne. The two things that I use that have completely cleared me up after 15 years of acne are Estroblock Pro to balance my hormones, and the Rodan and Fields Unblemish regimen. I started using these 2 a couple of years ago and my skin looks better than it has since I was a kid. I hope you find something that works for you. Good luck!!

Rodan and Fields Unblemish: https://mmathis2.myrandf.com
Estroblock is on Amazon

5 posts