some advice please? :)

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, macygravy

2 posts
Jasminexo

by Jasminexo on Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:20 pm

some advice please? :)

Hi, i'm new to this forum!
Basically, ever since I was about 16 years old, i would have the odd spot here and there, but my skin had always been relatively good! However, as the years went by, my skin became redder and spottier! I noticed it got really bad by the time I was about 18 years old, and my parents put it down to wearing too much make-up, and the fact that i might have had sensitive skin. So I switched all my products and began to wash my face with Simple, well, that didn't work either! I never thought i had acne, as, I was kind of, in a way, stuck up about having acne, i didn't want to think that, i wanted to think it was just a phase!

I am now, 22 nearly 23, and my skin is now not too bad, but not brilliant, my doctor says i have hormonal acne. So around my chin and nose area is just bright red with huge lumps/boils, and whiteheads. I thankfully do not have blackheads, but i do have, red lumps that i can't even feel, like almost a red dot on my skin, they cover the whole of my chin, sometimes they can even turn purple! He gave me doxycycline and acnecide, i used this for around a year, and it was the worst experience ever, i have never felt so sick in my life on antibiotics :(

I have now a good routine for my skin, i use clinique anti blemish solutions 3 step; so every morning and every night i wash, tone and moisturize, i also have a spot control gel, and a scrub to exfoliate twice a week. I find having a routine, makes me so satisified and knowing i have a 3 step routine which is so simple is really nice!

I am finding clinique has done really well for my skin to a point, it is now maintaining it and not clearing it. I'm no longer on medication because the thought of being ill, makes me nervous, and something i don't want to go through. I am looking for a product to replace my 3 step solutions, maybe dermalogica, or pro activ? anyone tried these?

products i use on my face
to wash:
- Clinique anti-blemish 3 step solutions
- Clinique clearing gel
- Clinique take the day off
- Clinique scrub

makeup:
- clinique anti blemish foundation & concealer
- rimmel stay matte powder
- rimmel blush
- barry m contour kit
- clinique mascara
- l'oreal fix it spray
-smashbox anti blemish primer

any suggestions would be great, just trying to keep my routine simple, so please don't confuse me :)

P.S. anyone tried bare minerals makeup?

bcm32885

by bcm32885 on Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:58 am

Re: some advice please? :)

I use the Rodan and Fields Unblemish regimen. I started using it about 2 years ago after trying EVERYTHING else under the sun, including prescription meds from 2 different dermatologists. The Unblemish completely cleared my skin up in about a month and a half and Ive been using it ever since. I love it!! Here's where I get mine:
Mmathis2.myrandf.com

2 posts