accepting your acne

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, macygravy

3 posts
Charlotte1222

by Charlotte1222 on Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:26 pm

accepting your acne

Hello, just wondering if anyone has any good tips for accepting your happy being "comfortable" with your acne? I always had skin problems as a teenage. I developed severe acne when I was 18 and I'm now 23 years old. I've tired so many treatments overs the years and roaccutane was the only thing that cleared my skin. It then came back a year later. and over the past few months I am struggling to stay positive about my acne. Any advice would be greatly appreciated 8-)

DrShellieMarks

by DrShellieMarks on Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:02 am

Re: accepting your acne

First of all you have to be stay positive and motivated to get rid of your acne, it happens with some people, but the only way to get rid of is the positive mind. I hope you will be fine very soon.

TracyS88

by TracyS88 on Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:48 pm

Re: accepting your acne

Hi Charlotte,

I'm in a similar position to you. I developed acne when I was 15/16 and was prescribed dianette giving me almost perfect skin. After changing doctors and being put on different co receptive my acne came back at 21. I eventually was prescribed dianette again and my problems seemed to have been resolved. Now 29 my acne has returned after coming off co reception due to other reasons. Roaccutane helped for a year but it's back worse than ever.

I'm starting to accept my acne now. Not covering up as much, trying to go.out without make up. Speaking out about it and being more open with family and friends. Post pics on Instagram is helping me too as I know longer feel.i have to keep up with the image of being 'perfect'. Learning to love myself and realising true beauty lies within your actions really is true!

3 posts