please help with my acne:(

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, macygravy

7 posts
kevster69

by kevster69 on Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:50 am

please help with my acne:(

Ok first of all I am a 19 y/o male and since around the age of 15 I have been an acne sufferer, at first I just thought yeah its part of life I have to get over it. But this is seriously not the case anymore! All my friends around the same age as me have perfect skin with no visable acne. I genuinely think its something I am doing wrong because it does not clear up! I have used all most every single gel, moisturiser, face masks, face washes you can imagine. All the time I see a miss leading advertisement on the tv claiming to rapidly decrease acne but it never works:( I have used freederm which is suppose to work wonders but nope! In the end I decided to see my GP he prescribed me with an antibiotic capsule. I am unsure of the name but the capsules were red/yellow. This dramatically increased my acne! The spots got larger, closer together, and really red. How ever I continued to complete the prescription which was 28 days at one capsule a day. I am due to go back for a repeat very soon. Having acne makes me feel absolutely disgusting and really dirty. I have no confidnce at all. I cover my face with my jacket as most spots are on cheek area. I refuse to go into family photos, I have quit my job which was in a social environment, this is a really selfish and crude thing to say but I really do think I would be happier being dead. I understand there is people with worse issues in life but acne has taken over my life and I cannot cope with it any longer it is so degrading and embarrassing I do not have a social life at all :( just a few life long friends. This is very personal to me so please dont take the micky out of me I am simply asking for advice.. how do I properly wash my face? How often and what do I use? Also what is the best proven treatment to decrease acne? And what I can do to prevent it. If anyone would be so kind enough to have read this and replied it would make me so happy and extremely grateful. I have no confidence to speak of this to a public clinic. If this question is invalid could somone please inform me on where I can post it:( thank you.

aviral08

by aviral08 on Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:03 pm

Re: please help with my acne:(

Bro im also 18 and suffering for acne but no severe its type of mild to moderate only on cheeks and i found the cause of acne of mine . First some how genetic my mother had mild acne.and other masturbation .i did not masturbated toomuch about 2-4 times a week and i got breakouts where as my friends masturbated regularly and they not have single spot so i reduced mb and noticed a change so try finding problem inside your body . And for god sake,dont take anti biotics when my acne was moderate i ate minocylin for 1-2 months for some time it worked great but after some time the acne will return badly and my mother is a doctor an shedid not allowed me to take antibiotic as she knew that they do more harm than good . I was toppr in school but due to acne i came last in class bro i sometimes thought of sucide but wont do as i love,me parents and its world and each individual has some problem in thier life..worry aboit acne,but not worry tooomuch that it affects your life..good luck for ur life. Love from india.:-D

charmaine_marie

by charmaine_marie on Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:41 am

Hi,
by reading your story I cant help but see myself too.I had a rough adolescent because of acne.And my face has lots of scars too.I know you really want help on how to fight acne, and trust me I have been into a dermatologist and ive used countless of brands and none of them seem to work fine except maybe for one or two.I had the same thoughts as you did.Same social experience.few friends here and there.ive been into depression too..but..you know...youll get over it.Just dont think too much about wanting to vanish..hehe.
..I know you badly need treatment and I guess you've exhausted all the possible treatment dermatologicaly so...I want you to build up even just a little of self confidence (i know its difficult but you have to remind yourself that everyday if possible) while you havent found the right treatment yet.I know it's hard, recently i had that confidence drop too cause winter brought my acne back.I am now 25 years old and happily married and I kept telling my self these days how i find me ugly again but my husband kept telling me I am not.So yeah...we need to surround ourselves with loving people who sees us beyond our acne.:)
ever since highschool I had acne and I prayed hard to God to remove my acne but its still here .hehe.I recently wished that hopefully if I die ,I want to at least be acne free..haha..its crazy but yeah..its my lifelong wish too.to be acne free .but i guess its just really a part of who I am.and..to accept it helped me take my condition very lightly.and I even pretend to be super pretty.It took me decades to accept that.and..honestly developing that spiritual relationship with God helped me too, to find my true worth.and it helped me with facing my own self at the mirror which i have trouble doing so.
other than the psychological approach to my acne I also did some very disciplined health habbits which really help improved my skin condition.I did a lot of running/walking and exercising in the morning.drink lots of water.think positive.eat fruits and veggies.avoid junk foods or unhealthy foods if possible.I think acne has to do with what we do and eat.so yeah...that approach helped me and i had two years of acne free face.(at least..haha..i was happy and I felt i had a break)
so...I am less worried and more confident now because of those factors.it is a process psychologically, emotionally, physically.my spirituality is also a bonus.it helped me like 90% to boost my confidnce..trust me.also, it would be good if you can really find a really good product .as of now im trying to find a new product as well that will suit me.but yeah,all of those ive mentioned will help you to cope with your acne.just think that you are not alone in this situation.:)
wishing you the best.
you can do it.:) youre beauitful.

truly yours,
charmaine

David147

by David147 on Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:17 am

Salt Water Cotton Ball Method

This method really works i do it all the time:
So, get some cotton balls and a bowl. And fill the bowl with hot water half way and add salt into it so the salt can dissolve. and then add cold water so the water will become warm, make sure the water is salty because the key thing here is the salt.
Afterwards you have made salt water. So now get the cotton swab and dip it in. And then put the cotton on your pimple and leave it on for 5 minutes set a timer or something, It may sting just a tiny bit, but its fine. after 5 minutes you will see the pimple shrinking and starting to disappear. if still there you may need to do it several more times it varies on your pimple. Good luck! it really does work!

ginaguy4197

by ginaguy4197 on Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:08 am

The best product I have tried and now use everyday is Joesoef's Sulfur Soap.. Try it and you will never go back to anything else.

Iwishxxx

by Iwishxxx on Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:31 pm

I have just been reading all of your experiences and stories with your own acne. I broke down today after being in town because I felt so self conscious and every person who passed me I had to keep my head down. I feel that everyone looks at it and pities me. I feel dirty and ugly and recently my confidence has dropped so much that I will make excuses to not go out or just go out when its dark. I have 2 beautiful sisters who have amazing skin and nobody else in my family suffers with acne. I sometimes think no one understands what it feels like.
I currently use face wipes to remove my make up but I am starting to think when I remove my make up all I am doing is wiping the bacteria around my face. Make up is everything to me. I dont wear loads but I cant leave the house without it because i panick i will see someone i know.
The positive thing is we have eachother and at least we're not alone.
Love xxx

7 posts