Hormones?

Please ask our experts your general gynaecology questions here.

Moderator: talkhealth

3 posts
falcon85

by falcon85 on Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:25 pm

Hormones?

Hi,
I've had a few symptoms lately and would like some advice please.
First of all I'll give you my background.
I have had 4 pregnancies all resulted in miscarriage (latest 2012), my gyne at the time said I had sticky blood. My period have been regular until mid last year. My periods were about 45-50 days instead of the normal 29. I have been getting facial hair growth since I was a teen and eventually decided to see my gp about it. She sent me for an ultrasound scan which came back normal, no cysts, and a hormone blood test which was inconclusive, this was repeated and came back slightly high for testosterone but nothing that could determine a diagnosis. I had a smear last month, again all clear.

My last period was on the 9th January, I've took a test and I'm not pregnant. I get the feeling it's about to start but doesn't. Last month I had brown discharge on and off for 2 days but not enough to wear a pad. Again for the last few week I've been feeling very dizzy to the point where its a struggle to get out of bed, its that bad. I've had a constant headache for a week with 3 migraines in between. I have been feeling sick but only in the evening, just before I go to bed. I feel tired all the time and when standing my legs are like jelly and sometimes give way.

I went to see my GP who said it was probably stress and gave me co-codamol for the headaches. My GP asked me what I though it was and I said hormones, he asked why, so I told him when I was younger I had similar symptoms, I had chronic migraines when I was a teen, especially around my period, tiredness, and pins and needles in my legs. They eventually found it was hormones and put me on the pill. He then dismissed all this and said it was just stress!

Please help, any advise would be great.

ps. I went to the breast clinic in early Feb as I was experiencing breast pain and noticed a dimple, after all investigations (FNA/MRI) the nurse put it down to hormones and told me to take evening primrose oil. I don't know if this is relevant or not. I've not been taking evening primrose oil yet.

falcon85

by falcon85 on Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:56 am

Re: Hormones?

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
My bmi is 31, high I know. Its been like this since being pregnant. Before that my bmi was 23, I go to the gym twice a week and have attended a weight management course run by the local council, on healthy eating, nothing seems to help me lose weight. (I am only 5ft so that doesn't help!)
Another pregnancy is not a priority.

Regards

3 posts