IVF and infections

If you have any questions about conception, fertility or pregnancy, please post your questions here.

Moderator: talkhealth

3 posts
Infertility Network UK

by Infertility Network UK on Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:22 pm

Re: IVF and infections

Hi Gayle. I was so sorry to hear that you have sadly lost both pregnancies following IVF and a FET. Going through any miscarriage, at whatever stage, is devastating in itself, and I do hope you have received some support. I can’t really comment on why you keep getting these infections, unless you have developed some kind of pelvic inflammatory disease?? Unfortunately, a reason for recurring infections is not often found. Perhaps your immune system is a little low at the moment from having so much treatment intervention, making you more susceptible. The problem too is that infections are treated with antibiotics, so it would seem that this would be the treatment of choice, should it occur again. Often what is termed as a “broad-spectrum” antibiotic is prescribed, which usually gets rid of an infection. Sometimes though, if an infection is persistent, you will need to have swabs and a blood sample taken to find which antibiotic will treat you best, if this has not already been done. Make sure you are eating a good nourishing diet too to build you back up again, and I do hope that you are soon feeling much better. Diane
Infertility Network UK
Charity Registration No. 1099960
For more information visit http://www.infertilitynetworkuk.com

3 posts