Visanne

Ask our experts all your questions about endometriosis here.

Moderator: talkhealth

4 posts
herbaljet

by herbaljet on Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:40 am

Visanne

I had endo and now my teenage daughter has it too. She's on microgynon30 which she is supposed to take without break for at least 6 months at a time, but she gets breakthrough bleeding and sever abdominal pain and an increasingly frequent basis. I've read about Visanne and it sounds like that might help her but it doesn't seem to be available in the UK. Can anyone shed light on this? I am in the process of trying to get her to see her consultant again. It would help if I knew more about this treatment before then. Many thanks

Heather Currie

by Heather Currie on Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:54 am

Re: Visanne

I'm afraid that I don't know of this product. Regarding Microgynon--it certainly can be taken without a break and is a great way to take it, especially for cyclical problems such as endometriosis. If she does have breakthrough bleeding, then suggest it be stopped just for 3 or 4 days and then restart and continue daily until any further breakthrough bleeding, at which point stop again for a few days. Hopefully this will provide benefit.

herbaljet

by herbaljet on Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:07 pm

Re: Visanne

Many thanks for your response. Sadly this doesn't seem to work, and given she is on Microgynon on a semi-permanent basis to limit the number of periods she has and thus the build up of endo, taking a break every few weeks when the breakthrough bleeding occurs doesn't really help. If anyone else knows of a visanne please do respond. Thanks again

4 posts