What Next?

Ask our experts all your questions about endometriosis here.

Moderator: talkhealth

3 posts
Jenni Wren

by Jenni Wren on Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:16 pm

What Next?

Hi
I'm a 24 year old female with Endometriosis. I had a laparoscopy to confirm this at 17. I have tried all the pills (contraceptive and not) back to back, plus the injections in the bum, but cannot have these as they didn't work and oestrogen feeds breast cancer in my family. I have had laser surgery and a coil put in situ. To top up I have zoladex injections in my stomach. I'm now at the stage where I'm having periods, a lot of pain, bloating, etc and my IBS and CFS are getting affected badly. Is there much more that can be done that isn't invasive or is the next step more surgery?
Also, somebody told me that having a coil causes abortions because the baby can start to develop and then is shut down by the coil. Is that true? And where could I find information about the specifics of how endometriosis treatments and contraceptives work please?
I have also noticed an increase in acne and dark hair, especially facial. I was also wondering how much treatment or the condition itself would affect my fertility chances as sex is already painful.

Mr. Hugh Byrne, MRCOG

by Mr. Hugh Byrne, MRCOG on Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:33 pm

Re: What Next?

Hi - you need to sit down with your consultant and talk all of these issues through.
Mr Hugh Byrne
Consultant in Obstetrics and Gynaecology
St Georges Hospital

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/online_clinics/experts/mr_hugh_byrne.php

3 posts