Just a little support needed. <3

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, macygravy

4 posts
aheadfullofdreams

by aheadfullofdreams on Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:47 pm

Just a little support needed. <3

Hey beautiful people,

Hope you are all doing well. <3 I am new to this community, and a little lost on where to start from.
I had plans to join a support group for this since forever, but for some reason, couldn’t muster enough courage to. I am battling acne for five years now, and it keeps fluctuating. I’ve tried different dermatologists, and they help to some extent, but my acne keeps coming back.

Weirdly enough, it has affected me more than anyone would expect to, to the point of driving me suicidal. I have tried ways of emotional healing and being at peace, but nothing works permanently. No one believes how acne is one of the major contributors to my depression. I have tried therapy and have been on anti-depressants, and they made my situation worse.

I can’t seem to see a way out, and I feel I’m just moving blindly, traumatically. People around me don’t really have much acne, and if they do, they cover it up with flawless makeup. I live with an emotionally abusive mom, who doesn’t let me use makeup, so that is out of the option as well. ( Before, someone suggests to get away from her, I’ve already tried, but she wields too much power legally for me to do so. )

Sorry for such a long post. I would love to talk to someone dealing with acne, it might help me to feel less lonely.

Sending lots of strength, warmth and love to all of you. <3 Have a lovely day/night. <3

Olivia Rendall

by Olivia Rendall on Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:37 am

Re: Just a little support needed. <3

Hello,

Thank you so much for posting such a lovely message! We are very pleased to have you as part of our community :)

Olivia Rendall
talkhealth

Katelyn777

by Katelyn777 on Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:48 am

Hi there!

I understand how acne can really affect every part of ones life. I have a younger brother and older sister with beautiful skin and then there's me. :(

I had a greasy face with mild acne grade 8-10, no blackheads or anything and I was so upset. I didn't really understand that my skin wasn't really that bad. My little brother took a pic of me and zoomed in to the zits and started laughing, and I will always remember that. I started washing my face a lot with harsh soaps and I also tried to improve my health. But no matter what I did it just kept getting worse. My cystic acne went away, but then my skin got soooooo bumpy (not from scars) just 'bad' skin and small blackheads everywhere.

Within the past month is the best improvement I have ever seen so far. (not only with my skin but I feel less depressed less anxious too.)

I'd love to talk with you, and support you :D

MillicentBaranowski

by MillicentBaranowski on Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:47 am

Hi & welcome to the community :)

4 posts