Chaffing tip of penis at urethra opening

Post your questions here, if they are not covered in any other sections.

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
bobthebuilder

by bobthebuilder on Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:29 pm

Chaffing tip of penis at urethra opening

Hi

I am a circumcised Male, I do a lot of sport, at least twice a day as it is my job and I get terrible chaffing right on the tip of my penis at the opening. It really hurts, sex hurts too even when I use lube or condoms. I've tried Vaseline, aqueous and other things but they don't seem to work. Or irritate it further. It's been going on for about 8 months now. I have tried different underwear, briefs instead of boxers etc. I shower straight after exercise. It's not an STI or allergic reaction to washing powder.

It sometimes flares up at work if I'm walking around a lot, it always feels tender. I had some time off sport but no improvement. At first it was believed the pain in my penis was caused by a back injury affecting the prudendal nerve but it's not that, my back is fine. I believe the problem is just severe chaffing but due to the location of the irritation it is difficult to find a cream or balm that won't aggravate things further. I have seen numerous GPS and a urologist. I really need to get this sorted out rapidly as it is affecting my life and relationship in a very negative way. Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated!

Thankyou.

Mr Benjamin Challacombe

by Mr Benjamin Challacombe on Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:11 pm

Re: Chaffing tip of penis at urethra opening

This is unusual.
Half the world are circumcised and I have never had anyone else come complaining of this. Would suggest some Vaseline or local anaesthetic gel.
It is probably hyper sensitisation of the nerves in this area and you need to break the cycle.

Ben
Mr Benjamin J Challacombe
Consultant Urological Surgeon and Honorary Senior Lecturer

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... acombe.php

2 posts