Prescription Medicine or Complementary Therapies

Moderators: talkhealth, macygravy

18 posts
Kate99

by Kate99 on Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:40 pm

Re: Prescription Medicine or Complementary Therapies

It's great that you found something that works for you, its not something i have tried but will bare it in mind in the future.

GBloom

by GBloom on Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:26 am

What do you use to control your acne? The Aknicare is working brilliantly for me at the minute but I get so paranoid that it will stop working, so always open to new suggestions.

Kate99

by Kate99 on Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:48 pm

I mostly use the Witch range as i find it doesn't dry my skin out and leave it feeling tight. Although i have oily skin i find a lot of washes and cleansers make my face feel tight.

I am also on a contraceptive pill that controls acne which seems to prevent flare ups but doesn't do a lot else, in my opinion.

The Witch range again is really good unless i do get a flare up i.e around time of my period so i would like something that would help with that.

GBloom

by GBloom on Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:00 pm

I can definitely recommend the Aknicare, it isn't as cheap as the Whitch range though :? Maybe you could try their skin roller? That works brilliantly to get rid of spots during a breakout, sometimes i find that if i use it when i feel a pustule coming up, it stops it in its tracks. Might be a good one if you only really get them once a month :)

Kate99

by Kate99 on Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:16 pm

Thanks i will look into that. As you say now i'm having out breaks less often it's not so much of a big deal.

What gets me down the most is my scarring. Any tips on that would be appreciated!

I would like to avoid invasive treatments at all costs and although it wont heal the scars i am considering using a camouflage make up. Has anyone tried this?

GBloom

by GBloom on Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:33 pm

I totally understand your reluctance to avoid invasive treatments, as who really knows what the long term affects of them are? I know I personally wouldn't go down that route either.

SkinMed who do Aknicare do a range for scarring called Terproline which is supposed to be really good. It is pricey though, guess it depends how bad your scars are and how badly you want them to go?

Unfortunately, I haven't tried camouflage make-up so I cant comment on that one.

vanilla-ice

by vanilla-ice on Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:38 pm

I only use blemishless kit. After searching the market for years to find a product that didnt make my skin raw but actually got rid of my acne has now paid off. I'm very pleased with the effects of this product.

Lucy11

by Lucy11 on Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:36 pm

I am pleased you have found something that works but just because something works for one person doesn't mean it will work for others. This morning i was reading a blog on this site from someone called Elaine and she says that you can only treat the acne if you know what the causes are and as everyone has different causes everyone needs different treatments.

18 posts