Curing Acne (In my case Seborrheic dermatitis)

Moderators: talkhealth, macygravy

2 posts
auntyann1066

by auntyann1066 on Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:51 pm

Curing Acne (In my case Seborrheic dermatitis)

I was diagnosed with acne by the doctor. I was put on numerous creams and then several courses of antibiotics for six months which totally destroyed my health in general, which I've only just managed to sort out three years later. I have also been on Ro accurate - which I was allergic to - and ended up with bright red spots all over my body. Thankfully, after a skin biopsy, it was cleared up with a course of strong anti histamines. Anyway, after that the NHS wiped their hands of me. I was on my own.

I decided that I'd scour every item on the net every written about acne and try anything going - and I did. Hydrogen peroxide, aloe vera, tea tree oil, apple cider vinegar, honey, zinc, biotin, and numerous other supplements all of which didn't make the slightest amount of difference.

I did have some success with sodium bicarbonate, mixed into a paste and applied directly to my face - but not enough.

Then I stumbled upon a forum which talked about Seborrheic dermatitis (which is caused by a yeast called Malasezzia which also causes dandruff) and the user said that it could be controlled by using an anti fungal shampoo. I used Nizoral. They were right, but it isn't a pleasant experience - and don't try it if you're going out anywhere in the next couple of days. Two bright red plaques formed on my face and then subsequently hardened, where the shampoo had killed off the underlying fungus. These slowly flaked off during the next week or two, leaving soft, trouble-free skin underneath. I soaked my face with a hot flannel and then rubbed the flakes off gently each day until the plaques had disappeared. When I wash with the shampoo, I leave the suds to soak into my face - I don't wash them off. Anyway, this got rid of most of my problems but not all.

The final problem areas - mostly around my nose - were particularly stubborn. The fungus forms biofilms which make it very difficult to treat. Eventually I stumbled upon Colloidal Silver which is antiviral, anti fungal, and antibacterial. I used a brand that was 95% ionic and 5% colloidal. It was approximately £15 on Amazon. This got rid of the final areas of redness around my nose and lips. I now wake up with no more spots, pustules or lumps. I have my face back. I am cautiously optimistic that I might cure it. If not, I need no more than twice weekly maintenance doses of Nizoral washes and topical colloidal silver application to keep my face perfectly clear.

I hope this information helps!

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:49 am

Re: Curing Acne (In my case Seborrheic dermatitis)

Hi auntyann1066,

Thank you for sharing your advice on how you finally treated your seborrheic dermatitis. I'm sure other members who have been on a journey similar to yours will find this very interesting.

We would just like to add that if any member wants to try this method, we would advise to do a test patch first to see if you experience any adverse reactions.

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

2 posts