I'm in differin and i need help

Moderators: talkhealth, macygravy

3 posts
Khaku1995

by Khaku1995 on Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:26 pm

I'm in differin and i need help

So i have been on differin for a while now, maybe 4months and now my skin has gone to worse. I was on isotretionin also for a year, and it helped a bit. Luckily my skin isn't as bad as it was during/before isotretionin.

So i had a skincare routine that went like this: i used the la roche posay effaclar face cleaner (the blue one) in the morning and threw aqualan L (a moisturizer) after it. And after gym i usually just washed my face with water and threw moisturizer. Before i go to sleep i wash my face with the effaclar cleanser and put on differin.
My problem is that differin hasn't helped. I don't know what the problem is. Now i decided to change my skincare routine and i today started to use la roche posay effaclar h derma-soothing hydrating cleansing cream in the mornings and before i go to bed and as a moisturizer la roche posay effaclar duo +. And in the nights after i have cleansed my face i use differin

So here is my problem: why do i get acne still. Is the problem that i don't wash my face properly with a face wash after gym, or was my moisturizer bad.
Should i stop taking differin because i use effaclar duo + now

Please help. Thank you for reading this

And now when i have changed my skincare routine, should i use a moisturizer with effaclar duo+ because it doesn't moisturizer enough with differin

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:57 am

Re: I'm in differin and i need help

Hi Khaku1995,

Thank you for posting on the forum. Sorry to hear of your frustration with your acne. While we are unable to give out specific medical advice to you, you may want to consider treating your acne from the inside out rather than topically. Please find more info here from one of our clients:

https://www.chucklinggoat.co.uk/health- ... t-is-acne/

They explain how improving your gut microbiome can really help your acne. They also have cleansers which are less harsh for the skin which contain probiotic kefir to balance out the skin bacteria.

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

Acne Remove

by Acne Remove on Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:21 am

Re: I'm in differin and i need help

Don't use Differin if you don't suffer from acne. Differin is suitable for treating mild acne, such as whiteheads. And Differin is applied on the acne, not on the whole face. Use on the whole face will cause greater skin irritation.

La Roche-Posay Duo+ is salicylic acid and Differin is retinoids. Both of these are acids, and only one can be used at the same time.

The cream you use will not cause acne.
Help you get rid of acne.

3 posts