Acne getting worse, don't know what to do!

Moderators: talkhealth, macygravy

11 posts
beccaspraggs

by beccaspraggs on Mon May 04, 2020 10:17 am

Acne getting worse, don't know what to do!

Hi, I am 28 years old and I have been suffering from acne on and off for the last 3-4 years. I have tried many products and treatments such as tea tree oil, face masks and acnecide which has Benzoyl Peroxide in and nothing seems to work. It it making me extremely depressed and no matter what I do, nothing seems to work. I've been to the doctors but they only tell me to use the acnecide with Benzoyl Peroxide in. I just need some help with this as I'm really struggling. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Tue May 05, 2020 9:17 am

Re: Acne getting worse, don't know what to do!

Hi beccaspraggs,

Thank you for posting on the forum and sorry to hear about your struggles with acne. Sometimes if the condition is not helped by topical treatments, then you may want to consider looking to help from within. Please have a link at the following information about helping your acne using probiotic kefir. A lot of skin conditions are actually caused by gut imbalance.

https://www.chucklinggoat.co.uk/health- ... t-is-acne/

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

beccaspraggs

by beccaspraggs on Tue May 05, 2020 9:32 am

I do have a condition called Cystic Fibrosis so I'm not sure if this has any affect on me getting spots or not. Could this be linked?

biffy1212

by biffy1212 on Wed May 06, 2020 9:04 pm

Hi Becca. Don’t be disheartened. Go back to the doctors and explain how it makes you feel. There is no need for you to suffer. Treatments are there, you just have to find the one that works well for you. X

Dr Sree Krishna

by Dr Sree Krishna on Sat May 30, 2020 11:09 am

Hi Becca,

Over the counter treatments definitely have their place but if it is resistant to that, you most likely need help from a doctor. Can you let us know if you've spoken with your GP?

BW,

Sree
(I'm a consultant dermatologist in South London)
Dr Sreedhar Krishna
Consultant Dermatologist and Honorary Clinical Fellow in Dermatopathology

https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/c ... ar-krishna

Dr Sree Krishna

by Dr Sree Krishna on Sat May 30, 2020 12:13 pm

Hi Becca,

Over the counter treatments definitely have their place but if it is resistant to that, you most likely need help from a doctor. Can you let us know if you've spoken with your GP?

BW,

Sree
(I'm a consultant dermatologist in South London)
Dr Sreedhar Krishna
Consultant Dermatologist and Honorary Clinical Fellow in Dermatopathology

https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/c ... ar-krishna

brookemcdonald72

by brookemcdonald72 on Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:29 am

Hey Becca,

I'm really sorry you're going through this. I went through a lot of the same things that you are currently going through. For me, nothing worked. Medications, creams, lotions, etc did nothing for my cystic acne. I started doing some research and realized that the key to addressing acne permanently(and not temporarily like many medications) is to address it from a multi-tiered approach. This means eating the right diet(low in sugars and carbs and high in antioxidants), balancing your hormones, managing stress, exercising regularly, and making sure your skincare routine is optimized for your own body.

After failing a lot of conventional treatments, I did some research and found this Acne No More program that basically gave me a step by step guide on exactly what I needed to be doing to address my internal body problems. It did what nothing else had done which is it gave me substantial improvement in my acne within 2 months. I continue to practice the protocols found in the book to this day, and I've had acne clear skin for over a year now! This is actually the review that convinced me to make the purchase here: https://theclearskinlife.com/acne-no-more-review/

She does a really great job of laying out how it works and what is included in the product as well as her own insane progress pictures. I hope it can help you out as it did for me!

ppenarubia

by ppenarubia on Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:18 am

Have you tried going to another dermatologist for 2nd opinion? One of the reasons of worsening acne is due to stress and lifestyle. I also had the same problem from time to time but this time, I never forget to take my acne treatment products which help me in lessening the acne on my body. Hope this helps.
Last edited by talkhealth on Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: URL removed per our terms & conditions

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:11 pm

You've already been given brilliant advice: I am just echoing it.

limogesbeauty

by limogesbeauty on Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:43 am

It’s important to follow a skincare routine. Gentle cleaning is key to preventing your skin health from getting worse. Consider these tips:
  • wash your face twice a day
    use mild soap and warm water or a gentle cleanser
    be very careful when shaving your face
    wash your face again after sweating, as perspiration can make acne worse
    take a full shower after strenuous physical activity to remove excess oil and sweat
    remove your makeup before bed

11 posts