Skin care routine for my 16 year old daughter

Moderators: talkhealth, macygravy

3 posts
Samsarbel19

by Samsarbel19 on Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:57 am

Skin care routine for my 16 year old daughter

Hi there

My 16 year old daughter is suffering with acne at the moment. She been prescribed lymecycline, epiduo gel and dermal lotion to moisturise. However could anyone recommend a good face wash for her to use? Also any other advice for this skincare routine.

Many thanks

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:29 pm

Re: Skin care routine for my 16 year old daughter

Boots or Superdrug are the best shops to look for acne treatment skincare products. BUT your daughter does not want to strip her skin: her face will still need to be washed, but avoid skin-stripping products because they'll make her skin sore and painful. In fact, stripping the skin can worsen acne. Even acne-prone skin needs gentle skincare products.

I'd give one or two brands a try and see how your daughter gets on. It is good that she has received treatment from her doctor. I do realize how upsetting acne can be for a teenager. But your daughter is not alone: acne is far more common than she may realize. She need not feel like a freak. It's an unpleasant skin condition to have, but - again - she is not alone with it.

advhccenter

by advhccenter on Tue Jun 06, 2023 5:10 am

Re: Skin care routine for my 16 year old daughter

It goes a bit like this: a balm or oil cleanser (1), a foaming cleanser (2), an exfoliant (3), a toner (4), an essence (5), an ampoule or serum (6), a sheet mask (7), an eye cream (8), a moisturizer (9), and then either a thicker night cream or sleeping mask or an SPF (10)

3 posts