ROLE OF VIT D in COMBATING ACNE

Moderators: talkhealth, macygravy

1 post
nikkipiamonte0327

by nikkipiamonte0327 on Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:44 am

ROLE OF VIT D in COMBATING ACNE

Vitamin D and Infections of the Skin

Vitamin D activates a kind of white blood cells known as the macrophages. These white blood cells are unusually large cells that are so large that they sometimes have multiple nuclei with multiple copies of the DNA needed to code the proteins that keep the cell going. They crawl along the walls of blood vessels, patrolling for dead cells, excessive cholesterol, and infectious microorganisms. When they encounter cellular debris, cholesterol deposits, or germs, they flow around the harmful matter and engulf it, digesting it and transforming it back into nutrients that actually feed the body.

Macrophages are stimulated by vitamin D. In the skin, this means they get “hungrier” for acne bacteria, which they attack directly rather than by sending out inflammatory chemicals. This is a very useful characteristic for fighting acne bacteria. Other white blood cells attempt to kill acne bacteria by generating inflammation. The bacteria can release decoy proteins that cause the inflammation actually to destroy the skin itself. That is what causes the redness and inflammation of pimples. Macrophages activated by vitamin don’t send out inflammatory chemicals. Instead, they attack the bacteria head on and wipe them out without a trace, whether or not the bacteria send out decoy chemicals.

SOURCE: http://www.facingacne.com/vitamin-d-acne/-

my review for VIT D SUPPLEMENTS: they seem to be taking control of my acne.now my spots just vanished along with the use of tretinoin/hyroquinone combination and an exfoliating cream i use at every nighttime so thankful i knew vit d's role.