Best Acne Treatment I've Ever Used

Moderators: talkhealth, macygravy

66 posts
maree@12

by maree@12 on Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:06 am

Re: Best Acne Treatment I've Ever Used

I did not have diagnosed acne as a teenager, but a lot of ugly pimples. None of the acne treatments I got back then got rid of it, and it wasn't until I was 18 that i went to the doctor and he prescribed antibiotics, an astringent lotion, Hibiclens face wash, and a commercial topical acne cream. The pimples eventually disappeared, but since then I have always been really careful that I wash my face morning and night. Then they came back in my late 30's after i had a stroke that totally disrupted my hormone system.I tried all the commercial washes (again) and i did not want to go back on antibiotics again. But just by chance (honestly) i came upon Face Doctor Complexion Soap. This was @ $22au a bar, taking into account delivery and our poor exchange rate, when our dollar was good it was a lot cheaper, and I stocked up then, and have not had to buy anymore since our dollar has fallen so i really do not know how much it costs now, but i will still continue to buy it because IT WORKS

lacesunni

by lacesunni on Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:45 am

Seawater helped to clear my skin and my husbands psoriasis. I used the spray as a toner. Seaside holidays were best but living rurally I would buy it from suppliers. There are a number of seawater cosmetics now and I use them daily. Seawaterskin.com, ocean marine and ocean fix are some of them.

ruby1228

by ruby1228 on Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:16 am

Glycolic acid is an alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) that gently exfoliates the skin, to get rid of the dead skin cells that can clog pores. As with salicylic acid, you can find glycolic in washes, peels, moisturizers, and serums at your local beauty store or drugstore.

scilover

by scilover on Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:19 am

lacesunni wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:45 am
Seawater helped to clear my skin and my husbands psoriasis. I used the spray as a toner. Seaside holidays were best but living rurally I would buy it from suppliers. There are a number of seawater cosmetics now and I use them daily. Seawaterskin.com, ocean marine and ocean fix are some of them.
you're using sea water??? i never heard of it. am I really that behind? by the way, would you mind sharing products or places to buy?

grindwalter

by grindwalter on Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:04 am

Seawater differs has significantly higher amounts of minerals, including sodium, chloride, sulphate, magnesium, and calcium. This is why it's highly useful for skin conditions such as psoriasis.

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:23 am

That sounds brilliant, maree@12. Using the right cleansing products is very, very important: even for those without acne.

Personally, I use facial scrubs, cleansers and soaps. AND I have virtually no acne. I also use a light moisturiser. This softens and smooths my skin without clogging my pores.

Anyhow, great tips.

MaryRiyanna

by MaryRiyanna on Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:28 am

I have also faced similar severe acne related skin issues including pustules, clogged and large pores formation. Eventually, as the condition got worsened I consulted a dermatologist and started using Cetaphil PRO Acne-Prone Skin Moisturizing Lotion. It worked well in reducing the acne scars and pimple formations. Still I'm using it and is getting good results. Another product that I use Neutrogena Oil-Free Salicylic-Acid Acne-Fighting Face Wash. It also works effectively.

Latrice Sang

by Latrice Sang on Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:11 pm

I will try to look for that soap, been looking for the best acne treatment to

DaisyHettinger

by DaisyHettinger on Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:54 am

I'm 22 and have had acne since I can remember. Unfortunately, nothing heals acne instantly but acne treatment of dermalmd is my favorite acne treatment. It helps reduce the pimple and doesn't leave a red mark like benzoyl peroxide. I used it at night before bed

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:01 pm

Dermalmd sounds like an acne treatment those suffering should try. I don't have acne myself, but can understand the distress and embarrassment. However, I do have a skin condition on my hands: they're cracked - and yesterday - bled. It was very painful. I had to use vaseline to seal and soften the skin. My hands are incredibly dry and cracked. I have been using moisturiser: loads of it, in fact. Still, my hands are awfully dry and sore. Stretching my hands causes splitting, too. Unless I use Zerobase. I have a big bottle and I am forever applying it. I do think cleaning chemicals have caused the cracking. Hence why I can't clean my bathroom until my hands heal.

Anyhow, I hope people with acne read these forums and take the suggestions. I'm not an expert myself, but others on here are.

66 posts