THE BEST REGIMEN RESULTS I HAVE EVER HAD!

Moderators: talkhealth, macygravy

1 post
apullen83

by apullen83 on Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:37 pm

THE BEST REGIMEN RESULTS I HAVE EVER HAD!

So I'm 31 years old and I've been dealing with acne off and on for about 5 years now. My type of acne ranges from very tiny pimples to cystic type. 95% of them are in the chin area...it's not a whole bunch but it's just constant. One would be drying up and fading and two more would pop up...then just as they're going away, I would get another one. It's irritating and just recently I've noticed some slight indentations from scarring. And my whole face just doesn't look smooth at all...it started to look unhealthy to me. My face care routine was this: wake up and wash with clean n clear acne face wash then clean n clear acne prone moisturizer. Then I would follow with a full face of makeup. When I got home from work I would wash my face with the same face wash (without removing makeup first) I then would use the same moisturizer again. Sometimes if my face felt extra oily then I would was it again before bed. I figured the more I washed it, the better. I continued to break out no matter what I did. I was always oily and dull looking...
Then 4 days ago I was on a forum where a person posted their skin care regimen. She said at night she uses vaseline to remove her makeup and cleanses her face in the morning and that's it. I remember reading marilyn monroe used vaseline on her face and at the time I remember thinking how greasy it must have made her skin. So I did a little research on vaseline and its uses. Turns out, vaseline is not all oil like I assumed it was. It's made to act as a barrier to keep moisture in your skin and bacteria out...it was originally made for burns and cuts back in the day. I also learned that the more you cleanse your skin with harsh acne washes, the more it dries you out and makes you more prone to break outs and your skin overreacts from the dryness and creates more oil to compensate. It's a horrible circle...so I decided to stop using my face wash all together and replace it wish using vaseline and a mild face bar from aveeno. Before going to bed at night, I apply just a very thin film of vaseline all over my face and wipe it off with toilet paper until the t.p is completely clean. I then put half a pea size amount of vaseline on my face and rub it in very well. In the morning, I use the aveeno face bar for normal to oily skin. I then apply a very tiny bit of vaseline again...less than half a pea. Then I put my makeup on. That's all I use. It's been for days and I haven't broke out at all since. And the marks I had are barely visible. If I didn't witness it myself, I wouldn't believe it. My skin tone has evened out and it looks 100 % healthier than it did. My makeup is smoother looking and stays on so much longer. 16 hours, easily. Also, my skin doesn't look like an oil slick on my nose anymore. I would not believe this had I not tried it. I promise you...because there isn't any reason why any of this should be working but it does. I don't know if it will work for everyone but for me, I have no plans at all of ever using anything else.