Do try this at home !

Moderators: talkhealth, macygravy

15 posts
walden

by walden on Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:36 pm

Do try this at home !

After suffering Acne for about 14years and trying just about everything available, I found that with having an oily skin it was attracting dirt and grime which was causing the pores to clog (blackheads). When these became infected,it caused the classic lumpy spot with puss building up inside. These spots became worse and spread when I touched or squeezed them. So I avoided any contact with the affected area, and washed more thoroughly with soap and water-especially last thing at night, and first thing in the morning. After a few days there was a massive improvement. I just hope this method helps. Good Luck. :D

Kate99

by Kate99 on Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:23 pm

Re: Do try this at home !

Thats great that it worked for you, unfortunatly it didnt clear my acne up although i do find that its better if i don't touch my skin and keep my fringe off my forehead. Is it still working for you? I find that i need to change cleansers quite a lot as it works for a while then stops. Do you have any problems like that?

walden

by walden on Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:18 pm

I believe that extra cleanliness, and not allowing things to rub against the skin is the answer. Carry on with your cleansers if they suit you, but I found the basic cleanser (good soap and warm water) was very effective and I hardly ever get any spots now. I don't think they can survive on clean skin, but this is my theory.

SecretB5StopsAcne

by SecretB5StopsAcne on Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:22 am

Every acne sufferer knows that squeezing or picking open pimples would results in acne scars, but still the temptation to a fresh pimple is always available to you anytime you look at the mirror. Two types of acne scars exist; the first type is usually a spot of skin that is brown, pink or purple in color indicating that a pimple has been in that area of your skin. The second type of acne is known as an ice pick scar and it is the small hole you sometimes see on your skin where the lesion used to occupy. This is informative blog post. Thanks for sharing it with us.

SecretB5StopsAcne

by SecretB5StopsAcne on Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:58 am

Splashing cold water on the face removes sweat, which is a major cause for pimples. One key thing to remember is not to pop pimples because this will leave scars. You can use lemon juice freshly squeezed on pimples to reduce the swelling and redness. Thanks.

Lucy11

by Lucy11 on Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:41 am

I have never heard that about lemon juice. I will try that, do you just dab it on? Does it go sticky?

westeremma

by westeremma on Thu May 10, 2012 2:20 pm

Lemon juice is indeed a great home remedy for a clearer skin; however a better one is the mixture of honey with lemon juice, it enhances the effectiveness of this remedy even more.

Lucy11

by Lucy11 on Fri May 11, 2012 3:16 pm

How does it work? Do you mix them together and apply to the face? How long do you leave them for? How often should you do it? Thanks, really interested in trying this

AcneHealerCom

by AcneHealerCom on Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:35 pm

Yes lemon juice is great for acne...

varanandy

by varanandy on Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:05 am

Oatmeal is one of the best acne treatment foods you can use to clear skin.

15 posts