New to Forum - Questions re Plaque Psoriasis

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

4 posts
April

by April on Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:45 pm

New to Forum - Questions re Plaque Psoriasis

In reading many forum posts, I'm already grateful for your generous responses.

I have not been diagnosed yet, but I'm 99% sure I've been dealing with plaque psorisis of the scalp for the last 2-3 months. (Uninsured and of a wholistic bend, I'd rather see what I can do myself sans Big Pharma.) Now that I'm experiencing this, I recall a small troublesome spot on my back 6 or so years ago that dissapeared on it's own.

I do have some questions that I didn't find addressed:

1. Have you found any connection between candida and psorisis?
2. Any connection between fibromilagia and psorisis?
3. Has anyone has success with neem oil topically or internally?
4. Has anyone used hyaluronic acid topically to hydrate?
5. If psoriasis in fact origniates with streptococci, has anyone found a more natural antibiotic than penacillin, i.e. oregeno oil or golden seal?
6. A 1991 mocrobiologal study found that the hyaluronic capsule of streptococci makes it more viralent, therefore is contraindicated for those with cancer. I've just started taking hyaluronic acid internally to promote cell hydration, but wonder if I'm fighting strep if I should stop before beginning a selfimposed course of oregano oil. http://www.pnas.org/content/88/19/8317.full.pdf Is there a doctor in the house?
7. Has anyone has success with colliodal silver?
8. Has anyone seen a definative improvement or sure with diet? If so how what?

Thank you

nataliehatesP

by nataliehatesP on Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:37 am

Re: New to Forum, Questions regarding Plaque P

I think that there is a connection between candida and psoriasis. I try changing my diet all the time. I believe there is a strong correlation between diet and P. I eliminated gluten for a week. My skin magically cleared up. My skin was clear for two days. Then, my psoriasis came back even though I continued to eliminate gluten. This makes me think that eliminating gluten and something else at the same time may help but I can't figure out what "that" is. Sometimes I wonder if everyone suffering with P has similar diets.

Blackie

by Blackie on Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:10 pm

Re: New to Forum - Questions re Plaque Psoriasis

Hi, I have tried eliminating coffee from my diet and that has helped my psoriasis.

XiomaraBorjas

by XiomaraBorjas on Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:42 pm

Re: New to Forum - Questions re Plaque Psoriasis

I've had plague psoriasis all my life but affected only my scalp which was under control with Head & Shoulders (using Ketocanazole once a year). Recently I had a patch of skin on my legs become very itchy, scaly and dry--it felt almost like sandpaper, it was horrible! I bought dermalmd psoriasis serum and only have two days of application my skin is already becoming normal and soft. My elbows would look like it had ashes with bumps on it, my right elbow has cleared after three applications (it was far less severe than my right) and my right elbow is progressing very quickly after the three applications.

4 posts