IBS and Diet

Moderators: talkhealth, TheHealthyGutClinic

7 posts
Harrison1

by Harrison1 on Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:27 pm

IBS and Diet

I have had IBS for over 20 years and suffered a lot but I am now on medication which relaxes my bowel and I do not have much trouble with IBS thankfully. I am having trouble losing weight and need to know if IBS is stopping me losing weight or is it just my metabolism. I also eat small amounts of food and feel full very quick so not sure how I am overweight. I seriously would like to lose some weight as I want to improve my fitness and be slimmer as people who do not know me probably think I eat a lot when I do not and it is so annoying :(

Harrison1

by Harrison1 on Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:12 pm

Re: IBS and Diet

Harrison1 wrote:I have had IBS for over 20 years and suffered a lot but I am now on medication which relaxes my bowel and I do not have much trouble with IBS thankfully. I am having trouble losing weight and need to know if IBS is stopping me losing weight or is it just my metabolism. I also eat small amounts of food and feel full very quick so not sure how I am overweight. I seriously would like to lose some weight as I want to improve my fitness and be slimmer as people who do not know me probably think I eat a lot when I do not and it is so annoying :(

Could somebody please reply to my query

jamiew1582

by jamiew1582 on Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:51 am

I also have IBS for 5+ years, and now I am trying a complex colon cleanse and detoxifying treatment and it helps a lot. I also have very serious skin problems (acne on my face and back) and that's getting better too.
It's called Naturalmax Enerix and Vitalix, 100% natural, gluten and sugarfree.

sallyjsmart@hotmail.com

by sallyjsmart@hotmail.com on Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:16 am

Hi my friend suffered really badly from IBS and he now drinks Aloe Vera Gel a shot a day and this helps him a lot, its a natural product and helps regulate and smooth the guts peristaltic movements therefore helps to reduce the pain and regulate the bowl habit. If you want to look at its benefits let me know what you think
Last edited by talkhealth on Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Product promotion not allowed - see forum rules

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:15 am

How often do you do the colon cleanse/drink the aloe vera gel? Are these techniques still working for you?

Helen
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

HBarnshawNutritionalHealing

by HBarnshawNutritionalHealing on Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:13 pm

Hi all,

I healed myself using Wholefoods and integrative medicine a few years back. I am a qualified Nutritional Therapist who has helped others like yourselves, and others with chronic disease. I have helped them to reduce their symptoms naturally and to heal on a cellular level for long term happiness.

Aloe Vera gel is a fantastic source for both soothing the digestive tract and for helping to heal the Mucosa in the tract. It is also full of good nutrients.

Although everyone is different and there is much I can advise that will guarantee to help you now, I first advise getting started on a Probiotic capsule to restore the gut flora (Bifo & Lacto cultures). This will power-up your digestive abilities. Studies show that as we age, we lose concentration in these good bacteria, this may reduce the digestive efficiency of foods. Taking a daily Probiotic will restore your the guts balance of good bacteria in the defensive against bad microbes and digesting food. We want to avoid bad bacteria and candida build up, as this may result in bloating, pain, & fatigue - symptoms of IBS.

Stress, lifestyle, toxins, and what you do/dont eat are all contributing factors in IBS.

There are a lot of effective tips I can give you now however - to avoid overwhelming you with information - I will offer you Flaxseed as another effective tool to both reduce symptoms of IBS and to support healing of the digestive tract. Additionally, reduce caffeine, alcohol, toxins, refined sugar, saturated fats, carbonated drinks - all of which add to irritation of the gut lining. Once you are able to help the digestive tract to heal, you immediately start to empower your body's ability to absorb nutrients so it can heal in other areas also.

IBS if left untreated can cause further damage to the gut lining, which may result in more chronic gut conditions such as Colitis, Diverticulitis, Chrohns Disease.

Whether you have the beginning symptoms of IBS or more chronic disease of the gut, they will all affect your body's ability to effectively absorb nutrients - which after time will mean you become deficient in many vital nutrients that your body needs to sustain organs, growth, healing, & effective barriers against disease and infection.

Lifestyle, family history, and current nutrient deficiencies all need to be taken into account to obtain a more exact picture of what's contributing to your symptoms. A personalised solution with information and actions specific to you will be drawn out, enabling you to heal fast and effectively for happiness in the long term.

7 posts