Research study: Psoriasis and the online support group

Moderator: talkhealth

1 post
sm00566Surrey

by sm00566Surrey on Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:33 pm

Research study: Psoriasis and the online support group

Undergraduate Psychology Dissertation - Research Participants Wanted

Psoriasis and the online support group: An exploration of user experiences.

Are you interested in sharing your experiences as a member of an online support group?

My name is Simone Mitchell and I am an Undergraduate Psychology student at the University of Surrey. For my final year project I am conducting research to explore people’s experiences as members of Psoriasis online support groups. The current research into user experiences of online support groups has focused on a range of other chronic conditions, however there is little knowledge and understanding regarding online support groups for people with Psoriasis.

The research project will involve Skype interviews in which I will ask a series of open-ended questions regarding group membership. All participants will need access to Skype, however phone call interviews may be conducted for any participants who are not able to access Skype.

All interview responses will be audio recorded and anonymised during analysis and participants may request a summary of the findings after the project is finished. Participation in this study will contribute to the development of knowledge regarding the meaning of Psoriasis online support groups for users.

In order to participate in this study you must:
- Be 18 years old or older
- Have a diagnosis of Psoriasis
- Use an online support group for people with Psoriasis

This study will require you to answer a series of questions in a Skype interview. The interview will last for roughly 40 minutes in duration.

If you would like to participate in this study, please contact me on sm00566@surrey.ac.uk for further details.

The study has been reviewed and received a Favourable Ethical Opinion (FEO) from the Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences Ethics Committee, at the University of Surrey.