Good Cream that works!!!

Moderators: talkhealth, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

68 posts
WorldTraveller

by WorldTraveller on Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:30 pm

Re: Good Cream that works!!!

After spending a lot of money on all sorts of creams, I tried the classic Nivea (blue tin) and guess what, it was better than any other cream I've ever tried. It calms the itchiness right away. I think that the fact that this cream is so thick is what makes it good for me.
I actually tried it because two people with eczema (one with hand eczema like me and another one with another type of eczema - body patches) said it was what worked best for them and I was really happy to see it's also the case for me.

If you haven't tried it, I suggest you do because at least it's not expensive and if you don't like it you can just give it to anyone ;)

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:21 pm

Great to know there are creams that are working for you.
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

soph2111

by soph2111 on Thu May 12, 2016 6:31 pm

I have recently been using a cream called Calmurid Pro, which comes in a few different forms but I have been using the lotion for extremely dry skin. I have eczema but also I have a lot of allergies and frequently get very itchy, dry, flaky and scaly skin, plus regularly flare up in rashes. I've been using this cream all over and not only does it moisturise well and melt in without being greasy, but it seems to have a soothing effect when I apply it it just feels like it's really soaking in and makes my skin feel less tight. They also do a hand cream which my sister has been using for her chillblains and it's working a treat too!!

skinsharesg

by skinsharesg on Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:33 pm

I have tried many conventional moisturizer : Cetaphil, Physiogel, Dermaveen, QV, Aveeno.... Some worked better, some caused even more irritation to my skin. When I found out that I was allergic to dust, I researched to find a shielding lotion instead which can protect my skin from external irritant and at the same time help my skin restore it's own natural moisture and oil. Amazingly after a few months of applying "Gloves in a Bottle" shielding lotion, my skin slowly improved and some parts didn't even need moisturizing anymore!
It is also hypoallergenic and even at my most sensitive stage, it didn't irritate my skin. It's also non greasy and I can continue doing work/using my hands a few minutes after applying.
I truly thank God for this lotion. You can read more reivew about my experience here :
http://skinshare.sg/blog/2013/05/21/how ... ng-lotion/

In any case, different lotion works differently for everyone and I truly hope you find one that suits you. If you have not, it's worth trying this shielding lotion. If you have but need to slather a lot of cream everyday, you can also try this. For any new cream, do apply a small amount first to check for reaction. Good luck!
Stay Healthy,
Bee (Founder of www.skinshare.sg : Skincare and Nutrition advice for Eczema)
skinsharesg@gmail.com

missnaylr

by missnaylr on Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:08 am

Best moisturiser I've ever used is Aveeno. I've had irritable skin for 20 years and used so many creams both shop bought and prescribed. Aveeno is most certainly the winner. It is a little more expensive and I end up using a bottle a week when my skin is at its worse but I use it all the time, including on my face too. I tend to opt for the plainest version with no Shea butter in. I've also started using their shampoo to calm the psoriasis on my scalp.

Marcie Mom

by Marcie Mom on Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:36 am

Thanks for sharing! Yes, Aveeno is quite good and wise to avoid shea butter as though it has its plus points, some may get irritated from it. Keep us posted, take care!
Mei
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Mei - Founder of http://www.EczemaBlues.com and Mom to Marcie
Visit Mei on her talkhealth blog all about eczema http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog/author/mei_m/

kbeautie

by kbeautie on Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:26 pm

My husband recently has been using Biellee Ato Pollen Cream for his seasonal eczema. We "stumbled" upon it after traveling to South Korea. He happened to have a flare up during our trip and a relative of mine highly recommended it after having her infant girl use it for a few months already.

After 2-3 weeks of usage, you can definitely see improvement with less redness and less cracking of his skin. It has a subtle "nature" smell to it and states it is highly concentrated with nano-processed pollen extract that delivers moisture and comfort for sensitive skin.
Last edited by talkhealth on Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: URL removed per our terms and conditions

gnrbhoy67

by gnrbhoy67 on Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:00 pm

I've had a lot of joy with 'skin repair lotion' I found it at my local pharmacy after using Aveeno and Cera Ve for a while. Aveeno actually made some of the redness around my legs come back with a vengeance and Cera Ve didn't seem to do anything despite being double the cost. The skin repair made an improvement within the week and then steadily faded out a lot of the rashes on my legs. AND It's not greasy, my skin easily absorbs it and now I swear by it :D

68 posts