Recommendations?

Moderators: talkhealth, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

3 posts
karma_chameleon

by karma_chameleon on Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:41 am

Recommendations?

Hi there,
I've been suffering from eczema pretty much my entire life (im 21) and as of the past couple of years its been flaring up a ridiculous amount. Almost my entire body is covered in big red dry itchy patches and im getting fed up :( Basically im looking for recommendations for a decent moisturizer, at this point im willing to try anything. Currently I use mometasone mixed with vaseline which I thought was really helping and had my skin almost completely cleared(!!) but after a recent bout of stress (my itching is anxiety linked and makes me flare up) I haven't been able to get it to calm back down and its spreading. I also hate the sticky feeling I get after using vaseline but I deal with it. I can't use cetaphil because im allergic to macadamia and ive tried glaxall, glaxall mixed with glycerine, cerave, aveeno & lubriderm to no avail. I should also make note that I have a whole whack of food allergies so I have to stay away from most "natural based" products (nuts, avocado etc) .
Sorry for the essay! Any suggestions are much appreciated!

Marcie Mom

by Marcie Mom on Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:04 am

Re: Recommendations?

Sorry to hear of the skin problems and difficulty finding a moisturizer... My daughter uses physiogel and QV - I'd think going for a moisturizer with less ingredients be a good start to finding a moisturizer. And maybe try wet/ dry wrap at night? Or see if it's to do with a hypersensitivity to contact allergen (since these take time.. it may be something that you've been using that you're now sensitive to). Hope you get better soon!
Mei
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Mei - Founder of http://www.EczemaBlues.com and Mom to Marcie
Visit Mei on her talkhealth blog all about eczema http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog/author/mei_m/

iloveskincare

by iloveskincare on Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:50 pm

Re: Recommendations?

I'm so sorry to hear it's gotten bad again :( Just know that you aren't alone. We're here for you!

I've been using Sebamed products for awhile and that's really been helping control flare-ups. Their Moisturizing Body Lotion is good for everyday and I use their Hydrating Body Milk during flare-ups. Hope this helps <3

3 posts