Every year a new skin problem arrives

Moderators: talkhealth, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

3 posts
Healthylivingw2b

by Healthylivingw2b on Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:10 pm

Every year a new skin problem arrives

Hi, so when I was about 14 I started to get cracks in the corners of my lips, I've found a cream to treat the symptoms but the problem has never gone away and every year since a new skin issue has presented itself and never left. I now have tiny blisters on my hands that constantly turn to dry skin and flake and then turn to blisters again - doctor diagnosed this as pompholyx and I have tried various steroid creams but nothing seems to work. Now at the age of 18 I still have these problems but I now also have constant dry, red, itchy, painful skin on my upper arms, jaw line and eyes, I have tried various creams such as diprobase and unguentum M (this one worked wonders for a week then the rash/eczema reappeared and won't leave no matter how much I use the cream or any others) It is becoming to much of a discomfort and there is nothing that will treat it so I was wondering if you have any advice or possible solutions or any idea as to what could be causing it?

Justine Greenwood

by Justine Greenwood on Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:15 pm

Re: Every year a new skin problem arrives

Hello,

Thank you for your post. I am sorry you are having such a difficult time with your skin complaints.

I really do feel that because you are not experiencing much relief from the products, you would benefit from a full review, either with your local Pharmacist or GP. They will be able to look at your medication, discuss how you use the creams and look at your symptoms in much more detail. They will also be able to recommend suitable alternative products and check you are using your creams efficiently.

The 'medicines review' is a free and confidential NHS service offered by most pharmacies. If the Pharmacist feels you would benefit from visiting the GP, they will refer you.

In preparation for a review, perhaps it might be worthwhile noting down when you have flare ups of your skin complaints. Can you link this with eating certain foods or products such as perfumes? What type of washing powder has been used? All these things can affect the skin and it would be useful to note down if anything specific triggers off a worsening of your symptoms.

I hope you find something that works soon.

Justine
Justine Greenwood
Learning and Development Pharmacist, Rowlands Pharmacy
http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... enwood.php

Healthylivingw2b

by Healthylivingw2b on Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:46 pm

Re: Every year a new skin problem arrives

Thank you for your reply. I have done most of the things you have listed but its impossible to list what could be causing it to flare up as it is constantly flared up but recently I have found that pressing a wet cloth with cream soaked on it for 10 minutes has helped massively, just praying it sticks! Thank you

3 posts