stomach problems

If you have any questions relating to digestives issues such as constipation, heartburn and bloating please post them for the experts in this forum.
4 posts
LindaR

by LindaR on Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:15 pm

stomach problems

I have had problems with my stomach most of my life, from the age of about 18 and I am now 55. It has been 'diagnosed' by doctors as 'nervous stomach', basically i feel hungry often and my stomach hurst and I find that eating little and often helps. there have been times when it has been fine. I finally went and had a camera into my stomach a few years ago and they said I had a hiatus hernia and also H.pylori was present. I was given tablets to deal with the h.pylori and things had been fine for over a year but now I am getting the same feelings. Is it possible the H.Pylori has returned and how can I find out.

Jane Dean

by Jane Dean on Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:36 pm

Re: stomach problems

It is possible the HPylori may have returned, ask your GP to check this out. Some herbal treatments may be as effective as antibiotics, such as oregano oil.
However, your symptoms may also be caused by insufficient hydrochloric acid in your stomach which may have allowed the HPylori to again proliferate. Purchase some HCL supplement from your local health store.

Dr Roger Goulds

by Dr Roger Goulds on Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:44 pm

Recurrence of H pylori infection is rare , but can occur in around 3 per cent of cases. Recolonisation with the same organism is usually the cause. Your GP can arrange a simple breath test for you, but not a blood antibody test as you have been previously infected.
Dr Roger Goulds
talkhealth Medical Director
http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... goulds.php

Dr Nick Read

by Dr Nick Read on Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:37 am

Yes H.pylori occurs in a lot of people and it can recur. There is a simple breath test to screen for it. Your doctor should be able to advise you about this. But of course any change or stress may rekindle your irritable stomach. So just ask yourself whether anything has happened recently to upset your stomach and whether you can modify your life to deal with this.
Dr Nick Read
Gastroenterologist and Psychoanalytical Psychotherapist

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... k_read.php

4 posts