Suncream and Sun Protection Clothing

Moderators: talkhealth, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

14 posts
Jimbob

by Jimbob on Thu May 08, 2008 9:16 pm

Suncream and Sun Protection Clothing

Can anybody reccomend a suncream that is suitable for a child with eczema. We have been looking into bergaderm and was wondering if anybody has tried it.

Snookiebear

by Snookiebear on Sat May 10, 2008 3:27 pm

Re: Suncream

I struggle to apply suncream as it stings so much on my broken skin. That not only means that I can't apply it comfortably to various areas of my body, but also that my hands sting really badly whenever I apply it. Has anyone come across the same problem, and found a brand that minimises the stinging?

Jimbob

by Jimbob on Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:52 am

We have tried it already. Ot patch tested well but the first application all over the body was a disaster. James's eczema flared up terribly. My daughter rewally likes it though as it is different with being a mouse and it goes on so easily.

Jimbob

by Jimbob on Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:53 am

I will have a look at the other suncreams and see which might be best to try.

alfieandme

by alfieandme on Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:39 pm

HI

I have been recently looking for a suntan cream as my little boy has the most sensitive face and suffers bad prickly heat. I have tried 4 or 5 creams recommended for children with eczema but nothing works. I have just ordered a sunblock from Elenas Nature collection. I have not tried it yet, but spoke with Elena at length and she says that it may help my son in the sun. I will let you know how we get on, but if you want to look at the web site it is http://www.elenasnaturecollection.co.uk.
Rebecca

admin
Site Admin

by admin on Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:30 pm

Proderm and Ultrasun

Have you considered Proderm or Ultrasun? They are available on our sister site Pure and Gentle Skincare - if you link to the site from our Members' Area you'll receive a discount on your order. Ultrasun is for people with allergic and sensitive type skin and Proderm is made using technology used in the Eczema Mousse. I've used both on my skin and on Alice's skin and both are excellent.
Deborah Mason
talkhealth team
Read our health blog - http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog

1635Mary

by 1635Mary on Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:57 pm

I have used Roc on my son's skin and had no problems with it. This year I'm using Lavera Neutral which is specifically for allergic skin and is mineral based. Again he hasn't had a reaction and its very effective.

Regards
Mary

Kizzysmom

by Kizzysmom on Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:22 pm

I have always dreaded summer since my daughter was born 3 years ago because she has reacted very badly to every single suncream/lotion that we have tried, until this year when we discovered the Avon suncream. It is fantastic stuff and has totally transformed our summers, she is totally clear of eczema at the moment, which is unheard at this time of year. The full name of it is Avon Bronze Kids Aloe and Vitamin E Sun Cream SPF50. They very often have offers on and I brought 3 tubes for £9 last month. Hope this helps someone.

kes75

by kes75 on Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:10 pm

Iam finding this very difficult too.

My little one is nearly 5 and since a baby has had eczema, my pharmasist recommended ROC suncream and we have been using it for 4 years and now ROC have stopped making it. I have tried sun sense and another one but both are breaking her skin out. My pharmasist is great and will keep suggesting another till we find one that suits, but in the mean time I try keep her covered in cool clothing.

Lisahamill

by Lisahamill on Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:32 am

Hi there
I have always had trouble finding a sun screen for both my children. There was never one that could be used for both of them - typical! This year I found Forever Living sunscreen which I can use on both of them without a reaction. It's easy to apply, sinks in well and is very rich and smells lovely. SPF 30 and water resistant to up to 40 mins.
It is not available in shops so I can let you know where I get it from.
Lisa

14 posts