Best way to wash very greasy nightclothes and bedding.

Moderators: talkhealth, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

4 posts
lrobbins1

by lrobbins1 on Tue May 07, 2013 9:39 am

Best way to wash very greasy nightclothes and bedding.

Hi all,
Having recently being admitted to dermatology ward for treatment for infected eczema, I have finally got my eczema under control however the 50\50 emollient is extremely greasy and my nightclothes and bedding is saturated and greasy. Normal washing in machine is not removing it and the nurses on the ward did warn me it may wreck my washing machine however its such fabulous stuff I really don't want to stop using it.

I'd be grateful if anyone has any suggestions on laundering very greasy clothing.

Many thanks

Marcie Mom

by Marcie Mom on Wed May 08, 2013 4:17 am

Re: Best way to wash very greasy nightclothes and bedding.

Hi!
I do not know how to clean off the grease, but am glad that your eczema is getting better. Wear clothes that you don't mind getting greasy?
:)
Mei
Mei
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Mei - Founder of http://www.EczemaBlues.com and Mom to Marcie
Visit Mei on her talkhealth blog all about eczema http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog/author/mei_m/

full_monte

by full_monte on Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:30 pm

Try using Dawn dish-washing soap in your laundry. It is what they use to remove oil from birds that have been caught in an oil spill. You'd have to experiment with the amount per load. It's what my massage therapist used on the massage-bed sheets and it worked for her.

Sally Heep

by Sally Heep on Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:21 am

Use liquid laundry detergent with oxygenated powers and mixed it with washing soda or baking soda. (Washing soda is more powerful than baking soda, so washing soda is preferred).
The washing soda super powers the laundry detergent and makes it more effective.
Treat the affected area with the mixture and let sit for 30 minutes.
Launder as usual and air dry.

4 posts